With a slow cooker you can make an easy meal without a lot of hassle. The only thing is, it takes a long time to cook! A slow cooker is some sort of pan which boils or fries your food over a long time. This makes sure the flavors are well-distributed and your food won't be scorched, most of all because of the low temperature and the time the flavors are giving to get in every piece of meat you have! Another thing, less expensive meats, as pork chops, can still be made delicious with a slow cooker.
With this article we will show you how to prepare slow cooked pork chops with jalapeño. Maybe after you saw the slow cooker recipe for pork chop dinner you wanted to try something more spicy? Well, let's make it spicy then!
Slow Cooker Recipes for Pork Chops with Jalapeno-Pecan Cornbread Stuffing
Makes around 6 servings
Ingredients for slow cooked pork chops with jalapeño
- 6 boneless pork loin chops. Around 1 inch thick and a total of around 1.5 lbs.
- 3/4 cup of chopped onion
- 3/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tea-spoon rubbed sag
- 1/2 tea-spoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8 tea-spoon black pepper
- 4 cups unseasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 1.25 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
How to prepare slow cooked pork chops with jalapeño
- Trim excess fat from pork and discard
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray
- Heat over medium heat
- Add pork
- Cook onion, celery, pecans, jalapeño pepper, sage, rosemary and black pepper to skillet
- Cook it 5 minutes. or until tender!
- Set it aside
- Combine the cornbread stuffing mix, vegetable mixture and broth in a medium bowl
- Stir in an egg
- Spoon stuffing mixture into slow cooker
- Arrange pork on top
- Cover it and cook on low for about 5 hours in the slow cooker
After waiting for 5 hours your meal will be ready to enjoy!
Slow Cooked Pork Chops with Jalapeno contains:
- 272 calories (kcal)
- 14 grams of fat
- 17 grams of protein
- 19 grams of carbohydrates
- 75 mg of cholesterol
- 380 mg of sodium
- 1 gram of fiber
This meal is one out of the many slow cooker recipes for pork chops. Pork chops is the perfect meat for the slow cooker, as it is a cheap meat with a lot of potential. Students who buy this meat can make it taste better again while taking advantage of the timing of the meal. Because there is the beauty of the slow cooker. You can follow lectures, study for hours in the library or just hang out with friends while the slow cooker is cooking your dinner! Coming home everything you can start eating immediately.
Pork Chops are good for a slow cooker, but if you want to try to use the slow cooker for a party, you may like slow cooker wings to serve. Setting it up a couple of hours prior to the party it will be ready mid-party without leaving the party at all! Nice? I think so!