With a Slow Cooker you can prepare all kind of meals, for instance Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce! A Slow Cooker, or Crock-pot is used to cook something, as the name says, slowly. Instead of frying or boiling it really fast this will take hours on a lower temperature. This result in a better distribution of your flavors, never a burned meal and a way to make sure even the cheapest meats are still delicious! Chicken Wings are a perfect example for this.
Chicken Wings are one of the type of meats that is cheap and not always that good. This is perfect for a slow cooker. It will take some time, but you can make this meat still delicious. Another example is pork, also cheap and not always that good quality. But if you check out the slow cooker recipes for pork chops, you can see that there is a lot of good in this as well. All it takes is a slow cooker, some time and a bit of love of course. Let's check out how to make good slow cooked chicken wings in BBQ sauce.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce
For around 6 servings
Ingredients for slow cooker chicken wings in BBQ sauce
- 3 pounds chicken wings - about 16 wings.
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/4 cups of barbecue sauce. You can use whatever taste you want.
- 2 tea spoons prepared mustard, or spicy if you are into that.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce. This is optional and to taste!
When you gathered all the ingredients we will get cooking!
How to Prepare Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Cut off and discard the wing tips.
- Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Place the wing parts on broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches rom heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side.
- transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and the hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour this over the chicken wings.
- Cover it and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve it directly from the Slow Cooker.
And your meal will be ready! Want to know what is inside?
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce contains:
- 124 calories (kcal)
- 5 grams of total fat
- 4 grams of protein
- 17 gram of carbohydrate
- 16 mg of cholesterol
- 322 mg of sodium
The slow cooker is a great piece of cooking appliance, used for only a couple of years now. As a student, this is the perfect way to set up a meal while going to a lecture (I know people who do this). The above meal is designed for 6 servings. Slow Cooker Wings are also a great meal to share with friends. So if you have a party or something, you can just put up the slow cooker wings and proceed with the party. After a couple of hours you can get out the slow cooker wings and you will be the hero of the party! If you liked the slow cooker chicken wings in barbecue sauce, you will probably also like the slow cooker chicken wings in teriyaki or the slow cooker chicken wings in honey sauce!