Whenever you don't have much time to cook, only have cheap meats in your house or you hate it when your meat burns all the time the slow cooker will be your friend. A slow cooker is a cooking appliance which boils or fries your food on a low temperature for a long time. Your food will be prepared correctly, only with a little more time. One of the biggest advantages is how the slow cooker turns cheap meats into great meals and the example over here is chicken. Slow cooker wings in honey sauce is actually a dish you will be proud to serve when you are at a party or something.
And that is one of the cool things. Cooking the slow cooker wings in honey sauce will take around 4 to 5 hours in the slow cooker. So one thing you can do is preparing your food and put it all in the Crock-Pot 2 hours before your party starts. When you are 3 hours in the party you can walk up in the kitchen and pull out some delicious chicken wings, without leaving your own party for more than 10 minutes! Pretty nice, in my opinion.
Let's stop talking about food, let's talk about how to prepare it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in Honey Sauce
For around 6 servings
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in Honey Sauce ingredients:
- 3 pounds of chicken wings - about 16 wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of honey
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of oil
- Sesame seeds!
How to prepare slow cooker chicken wings in honey sauce
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Cut off and discard the wing tips.
- Cut each wing at the join to make two sections.
- Place the wing parts on a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and garlic in a bowl for the sauce.
- Pour it all over the chicken wings.
- Cover it up and cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish it with sesame seeds.
- Serve it all from the Slow Cooker!
And that is how it is done, pretty easy right?
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in Honey Sauce contains:
- 124 calories (kcal)
- 5 grams of total fat
- 4 grams of protein
- 17 grams of carbohydrate
- 16 mg of cholesterol
- 322 mg of sodium
I hope this article gave you some insights about slow cooker wings. I know a number of students who use this meal every time again as it is easy to make, great to eat and even better to share. One thing they do is setting up the slow cooker and leaving for a lecture. Coming back the meal is all ready! The example of a party is also one I've experienced more than once.