The Slow Cooker is a cooking appliance gaining publicity more and more. It is a great tool to make cooking easier and cheaper. One of the biggest advantages of the slow cooker is that you can make even delicious. Chicken is an example of this. With slow cooker wings in teriyaki sauce you will use a cheap kind of meat, but still make a delicious meal!
There are a couple of other big advantages for the slow cooker as well. Your food will never get burned anymore for instance. Another thing is the preparation time, the slow cooker wings have to cook for over 4 hours for instance, so you have a big window to do something else. I know students who put on the slow cooker, go to a lecture and come back with their food ready! Pretty nice right?
But the biggest advantage will still be making cheap meats delicious. Not only chicken is a good example of this, but pork is as well. You can check out the slow cooker recipes for pork chops to see what I mean.
Enough with the talking, let's start cooking!
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in Teriyaki Sauce
For around 6 servings
Ingredients for slow cooker chicken wings in teriyaki sauce
- 3 pounds of chicken wings. Around 16 wings.
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of dry sherry (or chicken broth)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
After gathering all the ingredients we are going to actually prepare something!
How to prepare slow cooker chicken wings in teriyaki sauce
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Cut off and discard the wing tips.
- Cut the wings at the joints to make two sections.
- Place the wing parts on broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side.
- Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker
- Mix the onion, brown sugar, the soy sauce, cooking sherry, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Pour all of this over the chicken wings.
- Cover it and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Stir the chicken wings once to make sure the wings are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve it directly from the slow cooker.
So after 5 hours you will actually have the this delicious meal ready! But are you ready to face what is inside?
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings in Teriyaki Sauce contains:
- 68 Calories (kcal)
- 3 grams of total fat
- 4 grams of protein
- 5 grams of carbohydrates
- 16 mg of cholesterol
- 283 mg of sodium
This meal is the perfect example of a good meal you can make with a slow cooker. Personally I like chicken wings to serve to others as well, so you can put up the slow cooker before hosting a party for instance. If you put it up 2 hours before your party starts you will have delicious chicken wings 3 hours into the party! Good advice right? If you are not that into Teriyaki, check out the slow cooker wings in bbq sauce of slow cooker wings in honey sauce!