When it comes to decorating our homes, most people want to add something that is eye-appealing and unique. One of the things that has become quite popular is the small garden fountain.
Small garden water features enhance the aura of the patio or yard and are the favorite feature of guests.
The fountains that are used in the garden are of two basic types:
- Freestanding Garden Fountains: These units are quite popular and are generally made of marble, stone or metal. They range in price from $45 to $1000 and above depending upon the material used and the size of the fountain.
- Wall-mounted: These small fountains are made of resin, concrete, marble or fiberglass. Depending upon the material you choose, the price varies from $50 to $4000 and above.
- Flowing water adds moisture to the air. The moisture in the air helps in removing cold contaminants and also aids in removing dry skin problems.
- It reduces susceptibility to infection and reduces static electricity.
- It helps to create an environment full of peace and serenity.
- It gives your garden a breath-taking look if properly designed and executed.
Before installing your small garden fountain, always find the answers to these pertinent questions:
- Check out the source of water needed for the fountain.
- Check out the electricity requirements for your small garden fountain.
- Determine what type of pump you want to install.
- Decide whether you want one that runs solely on electricity or one that operates on solar energy.
- Research which type of fountain you need in your house. Will you need a sitting or standing fountain?
- How large do you want the pool that is the basin?
These types of fountains do have maintenance requirements that are readily accomplished. One critical service includes regular checkups that do the following:
- Removal of Leaves. Leaves from trees generally fall into the fountain and can block the pump. Always take care to clear these leaves once a week.
- Check minimum water levels. Always check the minimum water level that is required for the efficient working of the fountain pump. Many times the pump motor dies due to running dry.
- Keep the fountain drained in winter. In the winter season it is important to keep the basin, pump, and hoses dry as water in the fountain can turn into ice causing cracks. Try to bring the fountain inside in winter if possible as it reduces the possibility of wear and tear.
- Cover the pump. Always cover the water pump with plastic in rainy seasons, if placed outside, to avoid rusting.
By following these simple guidelines, your small garden water feature can last for a long period of time.
Where To Purchase A Garden Fountain
If you don’t have one nearby, try using the internet and Google search for discounted garden fountains. From the huge list shown, you can easily order one online. Prior to ordering online, always check what type of material is used for construction and how long the company warranties the product. Always buy a product with a warranty.
You can also start your search online at specialty stores like Garden-fountains.com or even with big box stores like walmart.com.