This luxurious, but inexpensive to make cozy gift will be a hit for all the girls and ladies on your holiday gift list. A longer cowl, nicknamed the "infinity" cowl, it's knit with two strands of yarn on size 15 needles, a quick and easy project you'll be knitting over and over again. Purple or grape is the new 'in' color this season, so writer chose as shown for her daughter, who loves fashion.
Here's the free infinity cowl basketweave pattern for you-
- 2 skeins Mirasol K'acha, shade 1202, 60% Merino wool, 25% Suri Alpaca, 15% silk, 98 yards
- 1 skein Knit Picks Suri Dream, Blackberry, color 3158. Super bulky weight, 74% Suri Alpaca, 22% wool, 4% nylon, 143 yards
- Straight or circular Size US 15 knitting needles
This is an extra long cowl pattern, which can easily be designed as a scarf. Cast on 30 stitches, using a strand of both yarns.
* 1st row: Knit
* 2nd row: Purl
* 3rd row: *K1, P4, K1, rep from * to end
* 4th row: *P1, K4, P1, rep from * to end
* 5th row: as row 3
* 6th row: as row 4
* 7th row: K
* 8th row: P
* 9th row: *P2, K2, P2, rep from * to end
* 10th row: *K2, P2, K2, rep from * to end
* 11th row: as row 9
* 12th row: as row 10
Repeat these 12 rows of knitting pattern until piece measures 39" and end with row 12. Wash and block, then sew ends together. The finished width of this long, luxurious infinity cowl before blocking should be about 11 inches.
To wear, place the cowl over your head, twist into a figure eight or infinity symbol and put your head through the upper circle, or you can wear it long, untwisted, and draped.
Enjoy! Please check out my signature links for more free knitting and crochet patterns.