I know that, like everyone else in this world, you want to squeeze blackheads until they pop. Unfortunately, that is an unhealthy method of removing your blackheads. In this article, you will learn:
- Why it is unhealthy to squeeze blackheads
- How to squeeze blackheads the safe way
People generally want to squeeze their blackheads. Hold it right there. Before you start popping those bumps, I suggest that you read this article first to know why squeezing is unhealthy for you.
Is it true that it is unhealthy to squeeze blackheads? When you squeeze your blackheads, you sometimes cut a portion of your skin. This will leave your skin with a gap that will take years to fill. Sometimes, these gaps become permanent scars that are too obvious and impossible to remove. Do you want that to happen to you? However, you can still pick your blackheads without having to suffer from permanent skin damage and scars. The solution is to squeeze gently.
If you really want to squeeze your blackheads without leaving permanent damage, the following steps should be followed:
- Start your squeezing session by thoroughly washing your hands with an antibacterial soap. This way you won't be spreading germs to your face and cause more pimples and blackheads to appear.
- Pick out a facial cleanser appropriate for your skin type and start cleansing your face.
- Remove your dead skin cells by using a scrub. This will free your skin from dead skin cells, dirt, and oil while exposing your blackheads.
- Prepare at least a cup of warm water and soak a soft wash cloth in it. Place the cloth over your blackheads and leave it on for a couple of minutes. Doing this will soften your skin and prepare the blackheads for removal.
- Put your left and right index fingers on opposite sides of the blackheads and gently squeeze. Do not squeeze too much or apply too much pressure to prevent scarring.
- Place a warm cloth over the squeezed blackhead and start squeezing again. Do not squeeze for more than two times. If you still can't remove the blackheads, do not force extraction and just give it a try next time.
- Apply cold compress to your skin regardless if the extraction is successful or not.
- If you are not comfortable with the steps above, you can apply facial lotions that are specially created for blackhead extraction.
Squeeze blackheads hastily and I am sure that you will face more harm than good. If you really can't stop your hands from squeezing them, you can follow the steps in this article to lightly remove the blackheads. If you can't handle it, leave the dirty work to your dermatologist so he (or she) can solve this problem for you. There are many sites intended to share "squeeze blackheads know-how" so scour for those sites for more information. If you want, you can share this article with others as well. Take care and good luck!