Stop Diarrhea now by knowing what causes it and how to prevent oncoming cases of diarrhea in the near future. We all know how inconvient it is when we are out and about with friends and family and we are left with a grumbling in our stomach turning into your worst nightmare. Don't get caught sitting on the bus or sitting in class and having the urge to use the bathroom. There are a number of ways to stop diarrhea now before it ever happens. First we must understand what diarrhea is, how it starts, and if we do have it, what we can do!
As an adult, we can probably say that we have at least three episodes of diarrhea a year. It typically lasts about one or two days but we must be cautious that it does not go too far beyond two days. We have to watch out for dehydration, which means your body is losing water and electrolytes. If you are dehydrated, some of the symptoms may be light-headedness, dark yellow urine, and headaches. To prevent dehydration when you have diarrhea, you should drink plenty of fluids. But not just water! We need to restore those elctrolytes you have lost by drinking juice, soups, and even fruits and vegetables since they contain a high water content also along with nutrients to revitalize your body!
CAUSES OF DIARRHEA
- If you eat contaminated food or water you can consume bacteria which causes diarrhea. Salmonella and E. Coli are two common forms of bacteria responsible for diarrhea. Drinking from a water hose or well can often cause your stomach to be upset. Drink purified water and wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly to prevent any food contamination. To stop diarrhea now you must act before it acts on you.
- Watch the foods you take in such as milk, yogurt, and ice cream. Some people cannot handle the high levels of lactose that are contained in these foods.
- Plenty of times you can relate your diarrhea to irritable bowel syndrome. Contact your physician for care.
When to see my DOCTOR?!?!
- If you feel any of the signs of dehyrdation listed above!
- Blood in your feces! YUCK!
- If you diarrhea lasts more than 3 days long!
- Children may develop a high fever. Anything that is alarming of 101 and above should be taken into consideration for a doctor visit.
Things to Avoid to STOP DIARRHEA NOW!
Look at all the foods you are eating. If you want to stop diarrhea before it happens then stay away from eating high fiber foods or lactose products. A lot of caffeine will also trigger diarrhea. Also, just by looking at greasy food cooking it spells disaster.
So what do we eat you might ask! If you already have diarrhea some of the best things to consume are gatorade and bananas. The riper the bananas the better. Gatorade or Powerade will replace the electrolytes lost during your diarrhea episode. Eating a bland diet such as saltine crackers (contains plenty of sodium), potatoes, chicken, and rice can ease your diarhhea troubles away!
So stop diarrhea now by taking all of the above in consideration when traveling. Taking over the counter medications such as Pepto Bismol and Immodium can help subside the pain and agony for a brief moment. Sooner or later the bacteria has to leave your body though!