You know very well that your carpet is dirty and lots of small insects and microbes are thriving on the surface or underneath it when some of your family members are acquiring skin rashes. These are brought about by bites and allergens emitted from these small and minute organisms. When this thing happens, it is time to clean it either through do it yourself or with the help of carpet cleaning professionals. If you won’t, then the cost can become more expensive as continuous rashes can lead to complications. Moreover, the sight of helpless kids crying out in pain due to rashes is an unwelcome sight. What do you do?
There are four important cleaning activities that you should perform. These include the following:
- Instant Cleaning Activities. Accidents can happen every day to your carpets such as spilling liquid, food crumbs falling into the carpet, dirty shoes, and dirty bodies as well. So wipe and clean it immediately when liquids are spilt on the carpet, remove food crumbs, and vacuum dusts coming from dirty shoes and bodies right away. Because when you fail to do it quickly, it will embed fully on the carpet and will be more difficult to remove.
- Periodic Cleaning. Even though you follow the do clean as you go method, you need to clean it regularly. Why? Instant cleaning only involves portions which does not affect the whole carpet. Furthermore, dust and mites cannot be eliminated totally. They will continue to build up after you clean. So you need periodic cleaning to stop them from over populating and prevent more serious illnesses such as asthma attacks.
- Sanitizing. As mentioned before, you cannot eliminate dust and mites totally; thus, you need more serious cleaning activities. You need to get rid of germs and bacteria that vacuuming and shampooing cannot eliminate. There are various do it yourself articles solutions online when it comes to deep cleaning for you to consider. So basically, there is no problem with this method.
- Using Professional Cleaners. It cannot be denied that professional cleaners do it better. They possess the right experiences, knowledge, and skills to clean different types of carpets. They also utilize different methods to wipe out contaminants. Besides, it is more convenient on your part. Just ensure that you hire the best ones so that your carpet is not only clean but is also preserved.
All of the above methods require also certain things such as:
- Read the warranty manual of the product first. In this document, you will find ideas on how to maintain and clean the carpet effectively.
- Always ensure safety procedures and practices involved in cleaning.
- Ensure that you only use material and solutions recommended by manufacturers in order not to void the warranty. Some manufacturers offer 20 year product warranty.
Homes can crash when carpets are not clean as mites do not only eat up the item but also some portions of your homes such as those made of wood. So do not forget to implement these four types of carpet cleaning activities in order to prevent further damage and issues.