With the winter dragging on in a seemingly endless drudgery of snowfalls, sleeting, shoveling and freezing. I can't help but imagine those summer days so far off in the future. Where I can wake up in light instead of darkness, when the sun shines brightly for days on end, rather than hiding behind dark gloomy clouds. When I feel free to roam barefoot through the soft squishy grass and spend all day in the sunshine even knowing that I'll come out of it looking rather like a bright red tomato.
Here in my home state we do
Thus when summer comes it must be savored in its entirety. There is not a moment to take advantage of, before you know it, it's gone. Which is why I'm using this endless winter as an opportunity to come up with all the wonderful things I'm going to do this summer.
Here are my summer bucket list ideas:
1. Run barefoot. I already go on all my runs in my Vibrams, so why not take it one step further?
2. Skinny dipping. For some reason, even though I've gone skinny dipping in all sorts of strange exotic places, It's never occurred to me to do it in my own little state. This must be remedied.
3. Cliff jumping. For the amazing adrenaline rush.
4. Spend the night under the stars. I've done all sorts of camping, but I just want to forgo the tent and be able to gaze at the sky all night long.
5. Take a road trip. A classic that I haven't done since I was in high school.
6. Grow my own vegetables.
7. Gorge on watermelon. It's just the best sort of fruit.
8. Have a bonfire. Or 3. Or 500.
9. Climbing trip. Most likely at the wonderful Devil's Lake.
10. Frolic in the rain.
11. Rope swing into the water. Another classic summer moment.
12. Fall asleep in the sunshine.
13. S'mores. 'nough said.
14. Tree climbing. I'm a climber, I can't help wanting to scale everything in sight.
15. Blacklight party. Because glow sticks rule
16. Do a sun tatoo. I guess because I'm too chicken to do a regular one?
17. Tie dye. For the hippies at heart.
18. Do outdoor yoga. Nothing like downward dog with a face full of fresh grass.
19. Mud wrestle.
20. Go horseback riding.
21. Catch a jar of fireflies. In homage to that Owl City song no one probably remembers.
22. Go on an overnight backpacking trip.
23. Enjoy the fireworks on the 4th.
Anything I missed? How do you dream of spending YOUR summer?