Sweet Potato and Chicken Omlette
This is a simple, easy to make omelette that tastes absolutely delicious and is incredibly healthy. It is gluten, grain and wheat free. It's suitable for all GAPS, paleo and gluten-free dieters.
What you need:
- Medium sized frying pan (Non-Stick preferable)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Fresh chicken breast, diced
- 100 grams of thinly-roasted sweet potato – See my sweet potato recipe
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, Chopped how you like it
- Black Pepper
- Oil (Cocnut oil, Avocado oil or Macdamia nut oil are best) (Extra Virgin Oilive Oil is permissible)
1. Firstly, heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan over medium heat and add chicken. Depending on thickiness of chicken allow to litghly fry for at least 8 minutes. After, add onion and 1 clove of garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Crack eggs into a small bowl, add 2 tsp of basel and sprinkle of oregano and beat for 30-60 seconds. Add other clove of garlic and stir in.
3. Lay sweet potatoes on top of cooking food one-by-one. You want the potatoes to pretty much cover the chicken and onions completely. If your sweet potatoes are already warm then turn down the heat as low as you can. However, if they’re out of the fridge allow them to cook for 1-2 minutes and then turn down the heat.
4. Pour egg mixture over top of potatoes and cover pan with plate. Leave covered and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Remove plate and if mixture is still slightly wet, then put under oven grill at a mediunm heat for at least 5 minutes or until better cooked.
6. Serve either top way, or flip over from pan for a different presentation.
- As you get used to making this recipe, you can adapt it to your own liking. You can try different spice/herb mixes such as sage,parsley and onion.
- You can also try it with other meats such as pork or lean steak.
- Variety is the spice of life! Mix it up and try out different foods.