The world has been a crazy place the past 10 years hasn't it? As if the world needed another disease rearing its ugly head into civilization, haven't we had enough? The world just got a taste of the H1N1, aka The Swine Flu, and there has been a lot of talk about vaccine's and of course the antiviral drug Tamiflu. I know a lot of people are already buying Tamiflu up by the thousands, but I wanted to get across some of the serious, and negative side effects that are associated with the antiviral medication.
First and foremost, always consult with your doctor before taking Tamiflu! There are certain health issues that Tamiflu can cause to flare up and react in a very bad way, it is also wise to go over the medications you're currently on to make sure there is no adverse problems there. Tamiflu isn't the worlds most tested chemical in humans and we're still going to learn about new problems with the drug in the future.
Do Not Take Tamiflu If The Following Is True:
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in Tamiflu
- if you are going to have an intranasal live attenuated influenza vaccine within the next 2 days or you have had such a vaccine within the past 2 weeks
Before You Take Tamiflu Consider The Following:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems, liver problems, or mood or mental problems
- Intranasal live attenuated influenza vaccine because its effectiveness may be decreased by Tamiflu
Possible Tamiflu Side Effects:
Keep in mind that there are most likely going to be more unknown side effects with Tamiflu. Knowing the ingredients of the product you can see that the pill is a chemical concoction. Again I strongly urge you to consult with your doctor before ingesting the pill.
Tamiflu is known to have the usual "fun" side effect such as extreme nausea, diarrhea, violent vomiting and general upset stomach pleasentries. Tamiflu also comes with a plethora of severe side effects that if happen to you, consult your doctor right away...I mean double time! Some of those side effects are ;
- severe allergic reactions like rashes, itches and hives
- tightness in the chest
- swelling of the face, mouth lips etc
- hallucinations both audible and visual
- abnormal behavior
- mood or mental changes
- reddened, peeling or blistered skin
If you think you may have overdosed on Tamiflu then get on the phone and call 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately!