Someone out there has done something really special for you and want to show them how much
you care, but you are struggling to find just the right words to use to express your appreciation. In fact, some people will avoid actually filling out a thank you card because of the difficulty coming up with personalized notes that show you care. Here are few helpful ideas that can you help you get started and get those creative juices flowing. These are fairly commons sayings you can find in thank you cards so use them however you like and be sure you follow the helpful hints below as well. Most of all, whatever you decide to say it truly is the thought that counts and sending a thank you card with even just a simple "thanks" or "thank you" is better than not sending a card at all. It is never too late or never the wrong time to show appreciation.
Here are some great thank you ideas that specifically reference a gift.
- Words cannot express my gratitude and appreciation. All I can say is thank you so much.
- I am truly grateful to have you as a friend. Thank you for everything.
- Thank you. It has been a true blessing to have you at my side.
- You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you for always being there.
- Thanks for always supporting me. I couldn't have done it without you.
- Thank you so much for the gift. I will think of you every time that I look at it.
- The gift means a lot to me. Thank you for being so thoughtful.
- Where did you find this? It is perfect. Thanks so much.
- Your generosity is overwhelming. Thank you.
- You know me so well. The gift was just what I needed.
As you can see, many thank you card messages will focus on how much the writer appreciates the gift or appreciates the person that gave the gift. So if you want to keep it simple, just say to yourself, "I want to thank the person and I want to thank either what they gave me or what they did for me." If you have a number of thank you cards to send out, the task can seem like a mountain.
If you find yourself being overwhelmed, try breaking it all down into a list or spreadsheet. Have a column for Name, one for Address, and one for the gift. Then systematically go down the list one by one, checking them off as you complete each thank you note. Having the person and the gift easily laid out in a list in front of you can help you focus all your attention on getting each thank you card completed.