1. Lombardi’s is one of the best pizza restaurants in NYC. It is also the oldest licensed pizzeria in the US. Their pies are still considered by many to be one of the very best anywhere and they are often mentioned as one of the top in NYC.
2. John’s of Bleecker Street has been around for close to 100 years. Its wood fired pizzas are covered with mozzarella and are worth waiting for as the place can be a bit crowded. John’s only sells whole pies and they are usually considered to be among the best pizza in NYC.
3. Totonno’s serves one of the best coal-fired New York style pizzas in the city. Expect a thin, crispy crust, a luscious tomato sauce and dabs of creamy mozzarella. There are just a few toppings to choose from but it will not matter as the pizza is just that good.
4. Giovanni’s Restaurant with its $2 slice and a soda special on weekdays is not only a great deal but it is delicious. Locals and tourists alike love this pizza and it is definitely one that should be included in any list of the best pizza in NYC.
5. Denino’s Pizzeria and Tavern serves delicious pizza that is very reasonably priced. On weekends this joint is packed with people waiting for a pie, go early to avoid extremely long waits on Fridays and Saturdays.
6. Artichoke offers gourmet toppings on a thicker crust that just makes every bite a little bit better than the last one. Standing room only on weekends and sometimes on weekdays as well makes the wait a bit trying, but the pizza is certainly worth it. This is a cash only business which can be a bit inconvenient but since this is definitely among the best pizza in NYC, it is well worth it.
7. Mariella Pizza is a favorite of New Yorkers, visitors and more than one celebrity. The cheesy, saucy goodness of this pie just cannot be ignored. A reasonably priced slice is well worth a try.
8. Patsy’s Pizzeria is another city classic. Get this thin crust pie with great sauce, delicious cheese, and better than just good toppings fresh from the coal pit oven and chow down. This is a pie that is sure to please.
9. L&B Spumoni Gardens is a city legend. This thick-crusted, square pie has tons of delicious cheese melted over it. There are a few traditional toppings to choose from as well. And no matter how full a diner is, the spumoni is a must have for desert.
10. Di Fara Pizza might just be the best of the best, but one has to be willing to wait upwards of two hours on any given night. For patrons with the patience this pie is well worth the wait. This shop is run by one man, who loves his pizza and makes it the best of the best. Totally handmade and totally delicious, what more is there to say?
Find a good internet deal or a voucher and head out to any one of these restaurants in order to truly enjoy a magnificent meal and the best pizza in NYC.