The 10 best places to visit in California are filled with fun, adventure, and excitement. Whether you want amusement parks, getting in touch with nature, or just fun and educational, California has plenty to offer for a family of any size.
1. DisneylandCredit: http://travel.ogate.com/travel-center/travel-guides/disneyland-california-the-place-where-dreams-come-true
A trip to Disneyland has to be in the works for every family. With time tested rides like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, you can have multiple days of fun exploring all the areas of this park, which makes it one of the 10 best places to visit in California with the kids.
2. SeaWorldCredit: http://www.destination-southern-california.com/sea-world-san-diego.html
Get close to nature with shows that feature sea lions, dolphins, and killer whales. Get even closer and get a chance to feed the dolphins, or have fun on some of the rides if you are feeling adventurous.
3. San Diego ZooCredit: http://blog.towncountry.com/2011/08/10/san-diego-zoo-ticket/
If penguins are more of your type of sea animal, then a trip to the San Diego Zoo is in the works for you. At over 4,000 animals, it is one of the largest zoos in the world, and that makes it one of the 10 best places to visit in California with the kids.
4. San Francisco PeersCredit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34345-d255213-Reviews-Ripley_s_Believe_It_Or_Not-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida.html
Have fun at a Ripley's Believe it or Not, get chocolate freshly made from Godiva, and explore a huge set of restaurants and shops. Have a bowl of clam chowder, and then have fun watching the famous sea lions that call those peers home.
5. AlcatrazCredit: http://www.englishexercises.org/makeagame/viewgame.asp?id=355
After you've explored the San Francisco peers, you have to take a quick boat trip out to Alcatraz Island and see one of the most infamous prisons ever built. Leaving the kids there might be tempting for you too.
6. Explorit Science CenterCredit: http://sacramentosidetracks.com/?p=5227
If you're looking for a hands-on learning experience that will be fun and still teach your kids something about science, then a trip to the Explorit Science Center makes the 10 best places to visit in California with the kids.
7. Soak City USACredit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32122-d480537/Buena-Park:California:Knotts.Soak.City.U.S.A..html
It can get hot in California, so you need to find a place to cool off. The best place for that has to be Soak City USA. WIth 21 unique attractions including a 1,700 foot river to float on, you can cool off and relax.
8. Knott's Berry FarmCredit: http://www.tpsanaheimhotel.com/lp-knotts-berry-farm.php
How can you say no to over 165 different rides, shows, and other attractions? That's what you get at Knott's Berry Farm. From ghost towns to roller coasters, there is something for everyone here, which makes it one of the 10 best places to visit in California with the kids.
9. Aquarium of the PacificCredit: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/06/aquarium-of-the.html
With fun, interactive exhibits about the largest ocean on the planet, a trip to the aquarium is both fun and educational.
10. The Pizza FarmCredit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g35229-d891093-Reviews-Pizza_Farm-Rockmart_Georgia.html
One of the more unique places to visit is the Pizza Farm, where you and your family can learn how their food is actually grown. Even the farm is shaped like a pizza and divided into 8 slice-like sections.
So keeping in mind what the 10 best places to visit in California with the kids when you take your trip will keep your trip fun, relaxing, and educational all at the same time.