A trip to the 10 best places to visit in Italy is a trip that will take you backwards through time, will let you experience the finest in dining and wines, and will let you explore culture and religion in a way that just cannot be done elsewhere. From floating cities to extravagant chapels, Italy has a taste of everything for you.
1. VeniceCredit: http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/destinations/destination/italy/venice/
When it comes to classic Italian charm, nothing beats a gondola ride through the city of Venice, especially at night. Experience romance at its finest with some cheese, a glass of wine, and a classy baritone serenading you with love songs under the stars.
2. Leaning Tower of PisaCredit: http://donaldclarkplanb.blogspot.com/2011/03/leaning-tower-of-pisa-7-serious-skews.html
Get your tickets in advance to go see this popular sight. Originally started in 1173, the Leaning Tower of Pisa wasn't really supposed to lean - it was simply supposed to be a bell tower. Now you can take a guided tour in a group of 30 and go all the way to the top. This iconic building is definitely one of the 10 best places to visit in Italy
3. Piazza NavonaCredit: http://www.romaviva.com/Piazza-Navona/home_eng.htm
You're going to be in Rome at least once, right? Of course you are! That means you need to go see the fountains at Piazza Navona. Stop at a cafe, get a cappuccino, and simply enjoy the masterpieces that were so costly, taxes had to even be levied on bread in order to complete them.
Everyone likes shopping, and this means you need to schedule a trip to Florence. Get extravagant brand names like Armani and Gucci, and then browse through local vendors at their famous market.
5. TuscanyCredit: http://physictourism.com/ecotourism/agritourism/tuscany-beautiful-region-italy/
What's not to love about golden fields, classic architecture, and beautiful wines? When you're done in Tuscany's capital, go visit the countryside, have a glass or two of wine, and simply marvel at the natural landscapes. That's what makes Tuscany one of the 10 best places to visit in Italy.
6. The ColiseumCredit: http://www.paranormal-events-uk.co.uk/database/rest-of-the-world/coliseum-rome.html
Imagine the gladiator battles as you tour one of the greatest feats of human engineering during that time in Roman history. Nothing represents the strength and former glories that Italy held like what you will find at the Coliseum.
7. The PantheonCredit: http://perionotas.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-in-rome-go-to-pantheon.html
If you simply want pristine architecture, pristine gardens, pristine sculptures, and pristine statues, then a visit to the Pantheon is in order for you. Containing the grave of the great Raphael, this is definitely one of the 10 best places to visit in Italy.
8. The Sistine ChapelCredit: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-sistine-chapel
Ok - so I'm cheating a little here because technically the Sistine Chapel is in the Vatican City, which is technically not part of Italy, but you still need to go here and witness the absolute masterpieces created by Michelangelo and Botticelli.
9. ModenaCredit: http://www.romanica.it/inglese/ing_modena.htm
A trip to Italy must contain a visit to Modena. Amongst all the great sights to see in this city is the Galleria Civica, which contains several collections of contemporary art.
10. BardolinoCredit: http://www.google.com.ph/search?hl=tl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&biw=1787&bih=860&noj=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Bardolino&oq=Bardolino&aq=f&aqi=g-L7&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=80199l80199l0l81214l1l1l0l0l0l0l674l674l5-1l1l0
Nothing winds down a trip to Italy like a stay in the quiet town of Bardolino. Enjoy sunsets on the shores of Lake Garda with a glass of wine and peaceful bliss.
Whatever your reason for visiting Italy, taking into account the 10 best places to visit in Italy will make your time, however long it may be, one of the most memorable you will ever experience.