In order to have successful singing career, one should learn and understand the five basic components in singing for aspiring singer by heart before anything else. It is imperative to gain a solid grasp and knowledge of this matter before one could jump-start his/her career, to lessen ones mistakes and failures along the way.
If you fall under the aspiring singer’s category, then there are five basic components in singing that you should know. These are the pitch, breathing, rhythm, voice and the diction. Here is an overview of these components:
- Pitch encompasses the sounds and notes of a person when he/she is singing. The way a pitch is produced defines if the song sounds great or not. So it's important that you learn a song’s pitch well. You have to be able to hit the song’s pitch as precise as possible as well as sing the song in tune, obviously as expected from every singer, whether he/she’s a professional or a mere amateur. Singers have to go through extensive voice trainings under a professional coach in order to determine the intervals and pitches and be able to identify notes that are off-key, and also vocalize various notes. In some other cases, you can train yourself through doing a recording on how you sing and have it played repeatedly so you can point your mistakes out.
- Rhythm is relatively the beat of a particular song, in which you have to be able to keep up with in the entire song’s duration. If you are continuously been keeping up with the song’s beat, then it’s a clear indication that you have a bad singing. So for you to be able to have a great rhythm sense, again you need to learn the basics of singing, like ways to identify varied beat intervals, vocalize your own notes with different kinds of beats, and also be able to keep up with the basic tempo of the song.
- The breathing is part of the singing lessons that a number of singing coaches introduce to their students. Breathing, as we all know, is an innate ability, but this becomes a bit complex to attain for a few singers due to body tensions. You have to be able to be familiar with the proper techniques in breathing for various reasons. First and foremost, the right way of breathing produces better sound, and next, it makes the voice more relaxed as well. And so, the solution to breathing issues is to simply learn the techniques in correct breathing, most especially when you’re singing. Successively, an aspiring singer should also get orientated on the importance of breathing properly so he/she can truly appreciate it. Take in all these things altogether and the aspiring singer will be on a sure fire success.
- One’s voice quality should not be taken lightly. After all, it is the very first things that an audience notices. Consider this as a singer’s defining line on how he/she will be judged. What you can do here is to further strengthen your vocal apparatus through some singing exercises; such exercises can increase the quality of your voice and aid in creating great sounds when you’re singing.
- Lastly, the diction covers the ways on how one pronounces a certain word when singing. If you have an efficient diction, your audience can grasp easily the lyrics and most importantly understand the song’s message. You also should be able to build a rapport with your audience through your song. A really good diction creates a crystal clear sound of words. Such is the primary reason why a great singing voice isn’t enough to keep your audience glued. As part of the basic components in singing, diction can be attained in many ways, like practicing constant reading and learning the right vowel and consonant pronunciation.
With all the 5 basic components in singing for aspiring singers at hand, your voice alone will not make you a popular singer someday. It takes more than just a great voice to be one. Master these basic by heart and patiently go through the process of cultivating the singing components.