Improve your life with exercise
The benefits of exercise are many, and I will list over two dozen ways that exercise benefits will improve your life. For many people it's easy to sit down and list reason after reason why they can't exercise. Whether it's too busy, too tired, or back pain problems, or whatever. The fact is that exercise benefits are too much to ignore. Read on to learn the many ways that the benefits of exercise can (and will) make your life better.
The benefits of exercise - How it will improve your Health
Here are some of the health factors that you will enjoy when you exercise. Some of these benefits of exercise are too great to ignore, especially if you're older.
- Reduced risk of heart disease: Regular exercise reduces clotting in the blood and therefore reduces the risk of getting heart disease. People who do NOT exercise are almost twice as likely to get some form of heart disease.
- Reduces cholesterol: One of the benefits of exercise is the increase of HDL (the good cholesterol) to LDL (bad cholesterol) ratio.
- Lower heart rate: An important exercise benefit is that regular exercise will reduce your heart rate. The heart is after all a muscle, by strengthening it through regular aerobic exercise you'll make it more efficient. You can lengthen your life by several years by exercising regularly. One of the most compelling exercise benefits by far!
- Reduced risk of colon cancer: Those who exercise regularly have a more regulated digestive system.
- Lower blood pressure: Reducing your blood pressure one of the best benefits of exercise if you have a problem in this area.
- Reduced risk of stroke: Another one of those great exercise benefits that can't be ignored.
- Stronger and healthier bones: Regular exercise and the addition of lean muscle mass will also promote a strong and healthy bone structure.
- Stronger circulatory system: Again, aerobic exercise will strengthen your circulatory system
- Stronger lungs: Like above, aerobics will benefit you greatly.
- Easier to control blood sugar levels: Diabetic or just at risk, those who exercise regularly are better able to maintain proper glucose levels.
- Increased flexibility: Exercising promotes elongated muscles and greater flexibility.
- Stronger immune system: The fact is that those who exercise are less likely to get sick.
- Better waste system function: Exercising can relieve constipation and reduce bloating.
The benefits of exercise - How it will improve your appearance
Whether it's for vanity reasons or whatever, the improvement in your appearance is one of those benefits of exercise that make us feel better about ourselves. It'll improve your self esteem and that will payoff in many more ways than just making you look better.
- Better skin tone: Regular exercise (and the stretching that goes with it) will improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Easy weight loss: You'll find it easier to lose weight if you exercise.
- Weight maintenance: You'll be better able to maintain your target weight if you exercise regularly. The weight benefits are great benefits to exercise.
- More attractive to potential mates: Lets face it, you'll simply be hotter, and potential mates will not be able to resist you!
- A healthier and younger looking body: Like the above reason, regular exercise slows the aging process, giving you a more youthful appearance. This is one of my favorite benefits to exercise.
The benefits of exercise - How it will improve your day to day life
- Better tolerance to pain: Exercise increases the level of endorphins, the body's natural pain killer. This can also alleviate some of the discomfort from PMS and menstrual cramps (ladies take note)
- Easier pregnancy and childbirth: Being in shape will make pregnancy and childbirth a bit easier on you, and your body.
- Less muscle aches: Exercise and it's required stretching will reduce the onset of back aches and other minor pains from being 'stiff'
- Increased energy: Instead of coming home from work and taking a nap, you'll have much more energy so you can actually enjoy life.
- Reduced stress: One of the benefits of exercise is reduced stress, whether it's physical or emotional.
- Longer independence for older people: You'll be able to maintain your ability to take care of yourself far longer if you exercise regularly.
- Better sleep: Another one of my favorite benefits of exercise. Your muscles will be more relaxed so you'll fall asleep faster and sleep better.
- Increased stamina: You'll be able to do whatever you want for far longer if you exercise.
- Increased strength: Being stronger, whether your male or female is just better!
- Impress people: Ok, I know this is a bit vain and shallow, but isn't it great to run into someone you haven't seen in years and think to yourself "wow, so and so got fat". You'll feel great knowing they are saying to their friends that YOU look great!
The benefits of exercise - How it will improve your work performance
- Improved clarity: Regular exercise allows you to 'clear your head' so you can approach your job with a renewed energy and freshness and better able to concentrate.
- Improved self esteem: You'll be more confident and able to take on greater responsibilities and receive more respect from your coworkers.
So there you have it, 30 benefits of exercise. If these aren't enough to get you off your butt and over to the gym then think of this...
Ladies, swimsuit season is coming.
Guys, No hottie is going to give you a second look if you're a 90 pound weakling!
If you need more motivation I suggest moving on to this great article detailing motivational tips to help you get started, and stay focused in your goals of getting fit, losing weight and staying healthy.