Juicing can be a great way to get your quota of daily nutrients and is especially effective as part of a holistic and natural health care regime. The good news is that it doesn’t have to take much to become a juice master! A juicer can be purchased relatively cheap and can bring long lasting and fantastic results to your health and wellbeing.
The Benefits of Juicing
There are many great reasons to juice fruit and vegetables. Here are just some.
- Increase in energy levels. This is one of the first that springs to mind. Juicing raw fruits and vegetables is a good way to unlock raw nutrients. This has to be the greatest benefit of juicing as the nutrients in the foods are more easily digested as they are in effect ‘pre-digested’ which makes it easier to absorb into the body.
- Complete control. Another great benefit is that it gives you complete control of what goes into your diet. So you know there’s only natural ingredients– fruits and vegetables, which are going into it.
- Can help you to lose weight. Juice can also be very filling and can help with the process of losing weight. Partially because juice can be a great replacement for meals whilst also being a good way to get all of your nutrients in one go.
- Variety and abundance. Another great reason to get juicing is for the variety of fruits and vegetables which you will eat. Experimenting with lots of different fruit and vegetables is a fantastic way to get the full reach of vitamins and minerals into your diet, which you might otherwise miss out when fruit and vegetables are consumed in their purest form. Juicing can also really help you to learn about fruit and vegetables and what works best together in terms of taste.
Where to start
You may be thinking that this all sounds very good, but where do I start? There are many good juicers on the market to choose from and it’s up to you to decide which will work best. From my experience, I have a Philips HR1854 juicer. As this is my first juicer I’m really impressed with the model. I have also tried the Andrew James juicer to equally good results. For the purpose of this article, I will focus on using the Philips model. One of the reasons I like it is that it comes with the book ‘7lbs in 7 days Super Juice Diet’ by Jason Vale, the Juice Master. The book emphasises juicing as part of making a lasting lifelong change and is a great way to start living a natural health care and holistic lifestyle. The book is a great way to release your inner juice master! There are lots of other books relevant to juicing on the market, but Jason Vale seems to have found his niche perfectly in this category.
- Easy to use - just add the freshly cut fruit and vegetables into the feeding tube and press down. Wait for the juice to come out!
- Easy to clean – All the pulp and pips are put into a separate compartment on the side of the juicer. So all that’s left in the jug is the fresh juice.
- Easy to prepare – All you have to do is wash and chop a few fruit and vegetables and put them into the juicer.
- Great for storage – The juicing jug also contains a lid which makes it easy to store and put away in a fridge for long lasting freshness.
Overall, juicing is a great way to start getting healthy and living the holistic and natural health care lifestyle we are told is so great for us – but can’t always live up to. Juicing is also a much healthier alternative to buying smoothies or juices from the shops which are often derived from concentrate.
There are numerous claims that juices are good for the body and there are various reports to substantiate these findings. One report found that “drinking beetroot juice boosts ‘stamina’” according to a BBC news story. The report claims that a University of Exeter team discovered that a nitrate in the vegetable can lead to a reduction in oxygen intake, which makes exercise less tiring. There are all kinds of similar reports which celebrate the impact of juicing fresh fruit and vegetables.
So why not get juicing and get your body working to its optimum level? Become a juice master and gradually you will start to see the physical and mental benefits that juicing can bring, as part of a natural health care and holistic lifestyle.