The Most Beautiful Beach in America
If you've ever been lounging around the house during Discovery Channel's "America's Top 10 Beaches" then you may know that Siesta Key, FL is currently number 1. I'm not sure what the criteria is for this list, but I can tell you with certainty that it is wrong.
So what is the most beautiful beach in America?
Anna Maria Island. More specifically, Holmes Beach. The funny thing is that Anna Maria Island is less than an hour away from Siesta Key, so it's hard to imagine how it is always over looked. But I guess that is part of what makes this place so special.
If you're looking for wild and crazy parties with thousands of people crowding the beach everyday, this is not your place. But if you want one of the most relaxing and memorable vacations on a beautiful quiet beach, with tons of fun stuff to do, then you don't want to miss Anna Maria Island.
Why Anna Maria Should Be Your Next Vacation
10 Reasons to Vacation at Anna Maria Island
- Bean Point. You can see Bean Point in the picture above. It is the northern most tip of the island. This beach is very rarely crowded, has a beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico and is packed with some amazing sand dunes.
- Bridge Street Pier. Take a walk on this beautiful boardwalk.
- Rod and Reel Pier. Grab a bite to eat on the pier or just stop by for some fishing.
- Anna Maria Island Pier. Still the best place to go fishing if you're without a boat. Guaranteed to catch something.
- The Beach House. If you're a breakfast lover then this is your place. Imagine breakfast on the beach with some of the best pancakes you'll ever find.
- St. Armand's Circle. Tucked away in south Sarasota you'll find tons of shopping and eateries just 30 minutes away.
- The Sandbar Restaurant. In the mood for a quiet dinner on the beach? This is the place for you.
- Joe's Eats and Sweets. If you like ice cream or chocolate then you can't miss Joe's Eats and Sweets. Stop on by for a banana split.
- Robinson's Preserve. Rent a kayak and take a calming paddle through a beautiful Preserve. Or just come on over for a 1-3 mile trail walk.
- The girls. I couldn't leave this one out. Even for being a small town beach, if you're single and looking to relax, a few days at the Public Beach will be the perfect place for you.
What is my personal favorite thing?
Hopefully you get to enjoy this gem of a beach!