The places to visit in Budapest are some of the world’s most visited sites. Budapest is Hungary’s biggest and most populated city. It is cited as one of Europe’s most beautiful cities. It is a city of innovation and inspiration. Known for finance and beauty, it is one of the most diverse cities in the world. Taking tours of this beautiful city will be wonderful.
Budapest consists of two main cities, Buda and Pest which are on opposite sides of Danube river and are connected by a bridge.
The following are a list of the best places to visit in Budapest:Credit: http://www.planetware.com/picture/budapest-fishermens-bastion-h-h011.htm
10. The Fisherman’s Bastion is the first on our list. This bastion was built in neo-gothic and Romanesque style. It gives you the perfect view of Danube, Pest, and the rest of Budapest. If you like chilling out in places that are windy and cool, don’t miss The Fisherman’s Bastion. It will give you the rest and relaxation you need.Credit: http://www.budapestsightseeing.net/the-labyrinth-of-buda-castle
9. Buda Hill Labyrinth is next on our list of the best places to visit in Budapest. It is an underground labyrinth that is filled with historical evidences. It has an intricate maze that was used in World War 2 for military use.Credit: http://www.budapesthungaryblog.com/museums-in-budapest/house-of-terror-budapest-terror-haza-budapest.html
8. The House of Terror: This is not your regular tourist attraction. Budapest has its fair share of history, and this history contains a lot of violence. The House of Terror used to be a torture chamber in 20th century Hungary and is now a museum and memorial to the people who were tortured and killed in the same building.Credit: http://budapest.zoldterkep.hu/places/12521?locale=hu
7. Pál-völgyi–Mátyás-hegyi cave system: Another of the best places to visit in Budapest is this underground cave system that was discovered and developed in the 20th century. This cave system currently invites tourists and adventure lovers to come and explore its hidden beauty.Credit: http://www.gothereguide.com/parliament+hill+ottawa-place/
6. The Parliament Building is one of Europe’s oldest legislative structures. Don’t just take an external tour of the place, take an inside tour and explore every bit of history that’s kept in this majestic historical building.Credit: http://www.davidpride.com/Europe/Hungary/HU_04_111.htm
5. The Visegrad or “The Upper Castle” was once used as a fort in the 13th century. It was also fought over by kings but is now a wonderful palace for tourists to stay in.Credit: http://www.transitionsabroad.com/publications/magazine/0509/rick_steves_the_next_prague.shtml
4. Public baths. If you know Budapest, then you know that it is famous for its public baths. The most beautiful and popular public baths you can find in Budapest, and even in Hungary are the Gellert Baths. These are certainly some of the best places to visit in Budapest.Credit: http://www.nrc7.mke.org.hu/general.html
3. Eötvös Loránd University: It is one of Hungary’s premiere universities and is also an architectural beauty. Seeing it from the outside is simply jaw-dropping, and seeing it on the inside will make you wonder how this structure was built, and how it was built to last this long. It has been in Hungary since the 1600s.Credit: http://www.budapest-tourist-guide.com/budapest-city-park.html
2. Budapest’s city park is a huge and beautiful park. The park itself is 302 acres wide and is filled with restaurants, museums, and other attractions like zoos. You can spend your whole day here considering the fact that there’s so much to do. You can even come back the next day and do completely different things because of how big it is.Credit: http://www.budapest-tourist-guide.com/heroes-square.html
1. Hero’s square. The number one in the best places to visit in Budapest is Heroes’ square. This is the most famous square in Hungary and it represents so much of its history and diversity in every way you can think of.
Still don’t believe us? Go to Hungary and experience Budapest’s beauty personally. Enjoy every bit of it and have as much fun as you can in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities and be awed by the best places to visit in Budapest.