The best places to visit in Lisbon, is the second oldest capital in Europe next to Athens, are some of the world’s best treasures. Lisbon, being the capital of Portugal, it is the home of plenty of explorers like Magellan who came to the Philippines on March 17, 1521. It is filled with old structures that tell different stories of war and history. The following is a list of the top ten best places to visit in Lisbon.Credit: http://www.golisbon.com/blog/category/lisbon-general/
10. The first on our list is Jeronimos Monastery. This world heritage site was built in the 16th century. Vasco da Gama is buried in this church. The cloisters of this church are considered to be the best that any church in the world has to offer. Be sure to visit Jeronimos Monastery when you come to Lisbon.Credit: http://www.galenfrysinger.com/lisbon_belem_tower.htm
9. Belem Tower. With one of the world’s oldest and most wonderful architectural wonders, Lisbon is sure to satisfy your hunger for historical sites like the Belem Tower. Built in the early 16th century, the Belem Tower has been named by UNESCO as one of the World Heritage monuments.Credit: http://www.golisbon.com/sight-seeing/castle.html
8. St. George’s Castle. This millennium old castle gives you an aerial view of the city and is one of the best places to visit in Lisbon. Enjoy the gardens and birds around and in it. Visit the archaeological museum located inside this majestic architectural wonder.Credit: http://www.whattoseeinlisbon.com/calouste-gulbenkian-museum-lisbon/
7. The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum is a great place to appreciate art. It is an art gallery of collections by a person that has travelled from the east to the west. His personal collection has been opened for public viewing. This is one of the world’s best art galleries and has various kinds of paintings and is one of the best places to visit in Lisbon. This gallery has works done by Rubens, Rembrandt, Rene Lalique, and Monet.Credit: http://avntravel.com/home/introduce-travel-in-lisbon-portugal.html
6. Portugal’s national gallery is also another of the best places to visit in Lisbon. It is located in Lisbon and shows illustrated stories of Portugal’s historical connections with Asia and Africa.Credit: http://www.golisbon.com/sight-seeing/tile-museum.html
5. Lisbon’s Tile Museum is a very unique art museum. It showcases decorative ceramic tiles displayed in an old convent. If you like old kinds of art, this would be a cool way to spend your day. Portugal is filled with art museums and galleries. So try and visit as much galleries as you can.Credit: http://www.luso.u-net.com/coches.htm
4. Coaches Museum houses the world’s most extensive collection of royal carriages is one of the best places to visit in Lisbon. With some of the most beautiful royal carriages, Portugal proudly displays its huge collection for locals and people to view. This best places to visit in Lisbon is surely not a place you should miss.Credit: http://makealittlelove.wordpress.com/about/travel-diary/
3. Lisbon’s design and fashion museum is a very is huge display of Portugal’s furniture and other designs. This museum is one of the fastest growing design and fashion museums in the world and in around two years, it will be the world’s biggest design and fashion museum.Credit: http://robertlongo.com/work/view/1537/8961
2. Berardo museum is a personal art collection by an art enthusiast. It contains some of Europe’s most beautiful and most famous works of art. This personal collection has been turned into a public museum that can be visited by any local or tourist. This collection contains works by Picasso, Andy Warhol, and Dali. The best thing about this museum is that it’s absolutely free.Credit: http://top10places.com/Top10Attractions/Portugal/165.htm
1. The Portugal Oceanarium: This state of the art structure contains thousands of species of sea creatures and is surrounded by other architectural wonders as well.
Be sure not to miss anything on this list on your scheduled trip to Lisbon. And if you don’t have a scheduled trip to Portugal or Lisbon, plan your trip now. You won’t regret seeing the best places to visit in Lisbon.