Simple and delicous
This recipe can be prepared in about 30 minutes and will keep you and your family's taste buds begging for more! This recipe will guide you through preparing the shrimp and, once prepared, you can do a variety of things with the shrimp including, eating it with bread, in pasta, with your choice of white or brown rice, or a host of other complementary dishes. Lets dig in.
- 3 or 4 Large cloves of garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1½ pounds of shrimp, with anywhere between 20-30 individual shrimp per pound. Cleaned thoroughly and peeled.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons hot paprika
- (optional) Parsley as a nice garnish depending on your meal.
- Heat some olive oil(Extra Virgin if you can afford it) in a large, wide ovenproof skillet or a heatproof pan over low heat. There should be enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. That's very important! Once you're ready, add the garlic and saute until they obtain a gold color.
- Bring the heat up to medium-high and begin adding the shrimp, all of the cumin, some salt and pepper, and the paprika. From there, just stir it up to blend all of the ingredients together. Be sure to turn the shrimp over once or twice until they're completely pink and the mixture begins to bubble. It should only take between 5 and ten minutes. From here you can add your garnish, or just toss them into whatever you want to eat them with.
In step two, opt not to add the cumin and paprika. Once the shrimp have turned pink on one side, flip them and add some parsley. Raise the heat a bit and cook until they're finished. Stir in some lemon juice, vinegar, or white wine and cook for about another 30 seconds. Voila! Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp with Orange Flavor
After following the Shrimp Scampi variation, add two or more dried red chilis to the mix and the zest of a full orange. Add the juice of the orange into the shrimp, spice mixture and another delicious recipe is yours!
Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes
Again, follow the shrimp scampi variation directions, however, double the amount of garlic initially used. Dice four tomatoes and scatter them into the pan when you add the shrimp. Cooking time will be increased by a few minutes.
You'll be dealing with hot oils here, so be sure to wear a shirt and use proper care when dealing with hot objects
Shrimp is generally considered a pretty luxurious meal, so consider yourself lucky, and well cultured! You've just cooked the best shrimp!