To support a healthy self-esteem and to keep your focus and attitude where you need them for Success in life. It is important to guard your Self Talk and avoid phrases like.
- " I never win."
- " I just need to know my place."
- " Why does this always happen to me?"
- " I can't do anything right."
- " It's just my lot in life."
- " Why me?"
- " I was just born to lose."
Talk like this has a very negative effect on your self-worth, It can limit your growth and become a self-fulfilling prophecy in your life. The bible states in Romans 12:2 " Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." You can actually change your life by changing your mind. Below I have listed several examples of how to talk to yourself to help you became transformed.
- " I will respond and not react."
- " Why not me?"
- " Why not now?"
- " If it's to be, It's up to me."
- " No one can make me feel inferior without my consent."
- " Everyday in every way, I am getting better and better."
- " My life is my masterpiece.
There are many other empowering phrases that you can add to this list, but you get the idea. You need to catch yourself when you are being negative and putting yourself down, correct your course and get back to a more productive state. Life is hard enough by itself, you need not be hard on yourself.
In conclusion to find real success in life and all life's endeavors you must take control of what is going on in your head, you are always thinking and a lot of those thoughts are likely negative, so stop the pattern by interrupting your negative thoughts and replacing them with empowering ones, remember you can only truly fail if you stop trying.