Instagram, an iPhone application, lets you share your photographs across multiple social media networks. Similar to a social media network, Instagram provides a platform to upload pictures to your Instagram account and share them with the public or with a private network of people.
Instagram iPhone Application
You get two options when it comes to using photos in Instagram: import photos or take photos. Uploading is as simple as adding photos from your camera roll or photo stream. It’s the camera feature of Instagram that requires notice. Instagram comes with special filters to add effects to your photos to make them works of art.
Once your photo is as you want it, you add a caption to the photo. Choose whether to add geotagging to the photo. Then you select the social media networks you want to send your photo to: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, Foursquare or email. All the social media networks you choose get the photo uploaded to your account.
1. Instagram works wonders for automating your uploads. You only take the picture once but you send it across your entire network of accounts to everyone you want to see it. This keeps your accounts up-to-date with new photos and doesn’t require you log in to each account.
2. Instagram’s public photo access means you can acquire a new viewership for your photography business. When you get your photo listed as “popular,” it displays on the star screen of the Instagram application.
3. Instagram’s privacy filters let you keep your pictures private only sharing them with your closest network.
4. Instagram provides a similar “like” feature that Facebook incorporates. Your network can comment and like your photos directly in the Instagram application.
5. Your friends’ photos appear in your news stream when they are uploaded by your friends. You can like or comment on them as you see fit.
6. Because Instagram works on the iPhone platform, you may elect to receive push notifications when new photos are uploaded to the application.
7. Instagram is completely free to try!
In Spring of 2012, Instagram was purchased by Facebook for $1 billion dollars. As of now, Instagram only works on the iOS platform specifically for iPhones and iPod Touches (with cameras.) It does not work on the iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Microsoft phone platforms. It also does not come with a web-based service to upload photos.
With the acquisition by Facebook, expect huge changes for this social media platform. Hopefully, they come up with cross platform applications and a web-based service to fully integrate this application.