What Is The Cricut Imagine ?
The Cricut Imagine machine, launched by ProvoCraft at the Craft & Hobby Association Summer Convention and Tradeshow (CHA) is one of its kind. It's currently the only equipment that enables the owner to both cut and print making use of the same device, saving lots of time and money. Featuring ink jet print know-how by HP, you decide on a design out of an extensive selection of cartridges, have it printed and than cut in one go.
But Why Do Scrapbookers Need The Cricut Imagine?
Making use of cutouts and shapes in numerous colors are an easy way to enhance and add pizazz to all kinds of arts and crafts projects, including scrapbooking and card making.
Those also called diecuts may well be of a plethora of materials, like paper, card stock, vellum, thin plastics, foils and transparencies.
With just about all manual and electronic cutters on the marketplace these days, including the Sizzix and Cricut Expression, you have to plan ahead and choose the color of your die-cut prior to cutting. Put differently, the color of your design will be the color of the paper (or fabric, or stock) you decide upon.
Also, whenever designing complicated or intricate designs, you may need to change paper colors often.
Other systems, which include the Wishblade, make it easy for you to print the desired shape using an common inkjet printer, than run the printed page through the machine to cut. The most important trouble with that is that it's a two step operation, using two distinct equipment, and that needs the user to accurately set up registration marks so the machine will know precisely where to cut. This is often a trial and error process and the results are not absolutely satisfactory.
Thereby, the demand exists for a system that allows the user to print an image and cut the image without manual registration. This is where the Cricut Imagine comes into play, to fill a enormous gap in the current market and open a whole new world of alternatives for scrapbookers, cardmakers and paper crafters in general.
Cricut Imagine Features:
- Share the same blades and blade housings as the other Cricut machines, making it easy for users to upgrade without having to buy everything again.
- The only different is the mat, which is greatly improved.
- You can use all previous cartridges with the Cricut Imagine. But there will also be new cartridges released to work exclusively with this new machine, just like it happened with the Cricut Cake.
- New cartridges for the Cricut Imagine include: 12 new Cricut Imagine Art cartridges and 12 new Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges.
- With Cricut Pattern and Cricut Color cartridges, you can fill any shape with beautiful patterns, adding more dimension and variety to your designs.
- The Cricut Imagine is also compatible with both the Gypsy and the Design Studio software.
- All the information can be easily accessed by the use of an LCD touch-screen navigation system.
- As with other Cricut machines, the Imagine doesn't require a computer to operate.
- On-board color and pattern selector allows you to choose colors, sizes and more.
- The Cricut Imagine cuts shapes from .25" to 11.5", and works with large-format papers up to 12" x 12".
This will mean no more buying piles of expensive scrapbook paper, switching paper colours between cuts or battling with manual registration marks. All you need in one easy to use system that does every thing for you and lets your creativeness to sky rocket.
The Cricut Imagine is not simply special to the crafting industry, but to the world of technology. Right now there's no another product that incorporates both printing and cutting the way the Imagine does.