It can take a lot of effort to look like you just rolled out of bed. Whether you are trying to go for the super-casual look or whether you want every follicle in your head to look neat, the top 10 best hair products for men allow you to keep your flow going strong.
1) Head and Shoulders Shampoo. Shampoo should be the first step for any guy, great hair or otherwise. While nearly all of them are the same, despite what some of the labels say, Head and Shoulders is the best at combating dandruff, which is an absolute image destroyer.
2) Bumble and Bumble Quenching Conditioner. Conditioner for many men is an optional consideration, since it is either included in the shampoo or not at all. Those who use it, however, get better moisture retention in their hair and a healthier hair development.
3) American Crew Firm Hold styling gel. Not everyone wants to look like Robert Patterson, but those who do need gel for long-term styling. Good gels will keep moisture in your hair and keep it down even in a hurricane. Do not use more than a teaspoon of gel unless you have a lot of hair.
4) Grooming Lounge Some Hair Pomade. Pomade, unlike gel, allows you to get texture in your hair for a more natural look. Refined hairstyles that need every follicle in place should use pomade.
5) TIGI Bed Head hairspray. Unlike the gels that are used to craft your hair to its full potential, hairsprays are more of a finishing move for when you are ready to step out into the world. A good hairspray protects your hair while providing a little bit of holding power.
6) Aveda Phomollient mousse. Mousse is the Swiss Army Knife of male grooming because it can be used in any situation. If you have dry hair, it makes it look moist. If you have wet hair, it gives it a shine. If you need to change your hair style every hour on the hour, it allows you to do so.
7) Axe Understated Look Cream. This hair cream, made by Axe deodorant, acts a lot like mousse without the wetness factor. Since it dries fast it does not make it look like you spent a lot of time on your hair.
8) Molton Brown Volumizing Hairwash. Once you have put all those chemicals and additives in your hair, you need to get them out at the end of the day. Hair wash, unlike shampoo, targets the effects of products.
9) Kent acetate comb. Though you can buy a comb for dollar, you want one that does not bend or tear through your hair. A higher end comb will only cost $5.
10) Phillips Norelco Beard trimmer. For those with facial hair, getting the mustache and beard in tandem with your scalp can be a major effort. A good trimmer allows you to cut the problem areas of your beard while leaving the rest in good quality.