Hollywood Waxing Facts
Hollywood Waxing is a procedure during which all hairs in the genital area are completely removed. It is a subset of Brazilian Waxing; in Brazilian Waxing, a bit of hair is left for decorative purposes. In both Hollywood and Brazilian waxing, hair is removed from the root.
Hollywood waxing's popularity differs throughout the world. You may be surprised to find out that in the Middle East, Hollywoods are very popular, with women getting them regularly for hygienic and beauty reasons. For many ladies in the Middle East, a Hollywood Wax is a must for the wedding night.
Hollywood Waxing is not quite as popular here in the USA and Canada, where most people shave to achieve hairlessness down below. Nonetheless, many beauty salons do offer full private area waxing from $60 a session. Hollywood Waxing is slowly gaining in popularity as more and more people discover its silky-smooth benefits.
- Hollywood Waxing will allow you to achieve the smoothest, most hairless, look of your adult life.
- It is far more superior to shaving, which requires heavy upkeep to maintain hairlessness. A Hollywood Wax will last for up to 3 weeks. Once you get used to it, you may only need to spend 20-30 minutes a month waxing to maintain hairlessness. With multiple Hollywood Waxes, hair becomes thinner and more sparse, eventually allowing some women to forgo waxing entirely!
- Shaving also has a higher tendency to create uncomfortable itchiness and rashes, which is far reduced in Hollywood Waxing.
- Lastly, Hollywood Waxing is an efficient way of reducing smells and improving cleanliness in your private area.
- Convinced? Let's get started!
- Any type of wax. I prefer to use a type of cold wax method called sugaring. Sugaring is a technique which uses a sugar paste wax made out of all-natural ingredients: sugar, lemon (or citric acid) and water. It does not require application sticks or bands for removal, and washes off easily with water.
Amazon Price: $40.00 Buy Now
(price as of May 4, 2014)
2. Baby powder
3. A towel
4. A small pair of scissors
5. A small mirror which can stand on its own
And that's it! Really quite simple. So get your materials together and lets start Hollywood Waxing.
- Lay your towel on the floor to create a barrier between you and the ground. Sit down with your legs slightly spread. I recommend sitting near to a wall so that you can lean against it. Make yourself comfortable.
- With your scissors, trim your pubic hair to around 1/8 inches in length. No need to be exact. A well-trimmed area will make your DIY Hollywood Wax go much more smoothly (no pun intended). Note: This may be a challenge for those with denser hair. If you are faced with this challenge, I recommend shaving the area bare, letting it grow back to around 1/8 inches, and then proceeding with your DIY Hollywood wax.
- Once your hair is trimmed, apply a small amount of baby power to the whole pubic region. The reason for this is to absorb any moisture which increases the efficiency of the wax.
- Take a moment to admire your private regions and notice how the hair is all growing in different directions. The key is too apply wax in the direction of the hair growth and remove wax in in the opposite direction of hair growth. Paying attention to the direction of hair growth will make the process quicker, more effective and less painful.
- Next, it's time to apply wax. Following the application instructions on the wax product's label or manual, carefully apply wax to a small (around 1 inch x 2 inch or less) area of your pubic area. The smaller the area you apply wax, the less it will hurt. Make sure you target hairs growing in the same direction. Stretching your skin around will help increase the accuracy of wax application. If you are a beginner, going slow and applying wax to small areas at a time will greatly improve your experience.
- Before you pull that hair off, use one hand to pull the hair in the opposite direction you are going to be pulling the wax off (that is, in the direction of hair growth). Pull that hair off! Count to 3 and do it! Don't be scared, it will only hurt for a bit. As soon as you pull it off, gently place a few fingers on the newly-waxed area. This will help with the pain and give you a chance to immediately appreciate the awesome smoothness that is Hollywood Waxing.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you reach your Labia Majora. You may need to spread your legs out wider to get a better view of what's going. Use your mirror to help you by placing it between your legs. Since the skin in this area is looser, try stretching your skin taut before pulling the wax off.
Repeat steps 4-6 for your Labia Majora.
Now you've clean out most everything up to the perineum (area between your anus and vagina). Going further is your choice, but since the skin surrounding the perineum region is tight, waxing here is relatively easy. Use your mirror to help.
Inspect the area and remove any remaining hair with either wax or a tweezer.
Once your level of hairlessness is satisfactory, feel free to apply a gentle lotion or post-epilatory oil to sooth the region. You deserve it!
Congratulations, you made it! It shouldn't be another few weeks until you see some hair growth. Although you may not be able to show it off to everyone, feel proud of your accomplishment and wear that skimpy underwear with pride!