Poutine originated in Quebec,Canada, in the 1950's
It is claimed that that Quebec is the birth place of poutine.
Poutine is a very unhealthy but delicious dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese , covered with brown gravy.
Here you will find a slightly different style of poutine. It's fast and easy to make and its cheap enough to make for the entire family.
For a total of 10$ you can make enough portions to feed 2-3 growing teenagers.
Things You Will Need- 1 bag of "Crispy skin-on fries in a seasoned coating" (Restaurant style)
- 1 package of the "Club house poutine gravy mix"
- 1 package of "Kraft Tex Mex cheese with Jalapeno Peppers"
Step 1- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Place Fries on baking sheet. 1/2 a bag will be a large portion for one person.
- Place baking sheet in the oven when it has had time to pre heat. Bake for 10 minutes then flip fries and allow to bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
Step 2- In a saucepan, combine 500ml water and gravy mix.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until gravy comes to a boil. Simmer 1 minute.
Step 3- Melting the cheese
- Place your golden brown fries in a bowl. Layer the cheese as you add in the fries.
- Once done place in the microwave for 1 minute on high or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from microwave and pour your poutine gravy into the bowl on top of the fries.
Step 4At this point your poutine should be gooey and very hot.
It may be to hot to eat right away so use caution.
Tips & WarningsOnce cooked watch out for the over heated plate and food.
Besides this, Eat and Enjoy !