Therapeutic-grade essential oils are medicinal healing substances that have been extracted from healing plants.
Essential oils have long been used since ancient times for the treatment of illnesses and for religious rituals. The Egyptians loved them.
WHAT MAKES AN ESSENTIAL OIL A "THERAPEUTIC GRADE ESSENTIAL OIL"?
Therapeutic grade essential oils have been created in strict hygienic conditions and under high standards as set by the International Standards Organization.
It is thought that only 2 percent of essential oils for sale in the USA are of therapeutic grade.
They are purer: many standard cheap essential oils like the ones you can often buy in bulk or discount form actually contain synthetic oils. They do not possess the same healing qualities as real essential oils and might even be dangerous. They might also have a lot of extra ingredients added to make up 'bulk' such as water, alcohol and other dilutents.
They have been properly distilled and extracted: the method of extraction can affect an essential oil's purity. To achieve Therapeutic grade, the essential oils must maintain as many of the herb or plant's natural elements as possible. Steam distillation under very strict hygiene conditions is usually the best method of extraction.
THE HEALING BENEFIT OF ESSENTIAL OILS
At first glance, essential oils seem so simple - just a liquid form of a plant, right? But they are quite the opposite. They may contain 100s even 1000s of different chemical constituents, some in minute qualities. It could well be that the minute difference in chemicals produces the biggest healing effect.
Essential oils medicinal healing properties, including
- stimulating the immune-system
- enhancing circulation
- anti-septic (germ killer)
- anti-microbial (a substance that inhibits the growth of micro-organisms such as fungi, bacteria)
Therapeutic essential oils uses:
- Healing minor burns and skin irritations
- Pain relief
- Damaged tissues
- Stress and anxiety
- Helping with relaxation and a feeling of wellbeing
- Clearing emotional roadblocks
- Back pain
- Killing viruses and bacteria
- Improving concentration and focus
- Menstrual cramps
- Nervous conditions
- Panic Attacks
- Creating a feeling of calm
WHAT MAKES UP AN ESSENTIAL OIL?
Essential oils are distilled from roots, trees, seeds, flowers, shrubs and bushes. They help to devlier nutrients to our body's cells. Good quality essential oils are highly concentrated so only a few drops are needed each time (1 to 3 drops usually). The oils diffuse within a few short minutes into the body by penetrating the pores of the skin.
DRAMATIC RESULTS USING PURE ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils can have dramatic health results when used properly and with the right, high quality, pure oil. They can re-balance the body which helps you not only physically but emotionally too. They even have the ability to clear and release emotional blockages and mental clutter. Even if we recognize a negative emotional pattern, we can't always modify it since emotions are stored in our cells. Essential oils can remove negative energy from cellular memory.
HOW TO APPLY ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils may be used in the following ways. Please note that some pure oils might have to be blended with a carrier especially if you are prone to sensitivities:
- Apply directing on the affected area
- Lay few drops put in a compress (e.g. a slightly damp small towel) and press over the skin
- Massage feet and hands at reflexology or accupressure points
- Inhale with a vaporizer, diffuser, spritzer, sprayer or humidifier
- Use as a massage oil by mixing with a massage oil base
- Wear as a perfume
- Place on acunpuncture points to clear emotional patterns