Orlando, Fl is a great tourist destination that is world reknowned for its theme parks. Before heading to Orlando, be sure to study up on things to do there. This article will discuss some of the things you can do to have fun and make the most of your vacation.
- Visit Kelly Park. Kelly Park is a county park on the northwest side of Orlando. Every summer, Orlando residents head to this park to float down a mile long river on an inner tube. Since the river is fed by a spring which comes from underground, the water maintains a cool 72 degrees year round. For only a few dollars per car, you and your friends or family can enjoy a nice, cool, relaxing break from the hot sun.
- Visit Leu Gardens. Leu Gardens was owned by Harry Leu who converted this lakefront property into a 50 acre garden. The garden has all kinds of plants and trees from all over the world. There is a rose garden that features red, pink, and yellow roses. In the middle of this garden, there is also the house where the Leu family lived. You can take a guided tour of this house which will get you acquainted with the history of this property and of the family.
- Visit Downtown Disney Marketplace. If you want to do something free while in Disney, then head over to the Downtown Disney. This place has all kinds of shops and eateries. Most of the shops sell Disney paraphernalia. There are also some ice cream and chocolate shops where you can get some desert. For the kids, there is a Lego store where kids can big Lego stuff and have fun.
- Take a walk through Disney's Boardwalk. Disney's Boardwalk is a hotel which is reminiscent of Atlantic City in New Jersey. A boardwalk surrounds a lake where street vendors sell hotdogs and ice cream while street performers wow the crowd. This is a nice place to take a stroll after a hectic day at the theme parks.
- A vacation to Orlando wouldn't be complete without heading to Disney World. There are many theme parks in Disney that you can choose from. The main ones are of course, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. But you will also find there are other smaller theme parks that are very worthwhile too. For example, you may want to go Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon for their water slides. This is a great way for parents to relax soaking up the sun while the kids go splash around.