Bring in the New Year with a bang as you throw an incredible party your friends and family will remember all year. With simple planning and preparation, you'll be able to throw a festive and stress-free party!
- Decorate with food! Instead of spending a fortune on decorations, opt to use colorful glass bottles of sparkling beverages as a centerpiece, an array of delicious food as table dÃ©cor, a platter of fruit as a colorful addition to an end table, a large vase full of candy, etc. Not only will they look beautiful, but they're edible and will be devoured (and cleaned up) by the end of the night!
- Set the mood with sophisticated lighting. Tea lights in small votives are an inexpensive way to decorate, but go a long ways to set the mood. Use pinking shears to cut a strip of colored paper that fits around the outside of the votive and attach with double sided tape. Put a cluster of 15-20 votives down the center of a table for a festive and romantic party decoration.
- Mark each guest's spot at the table with a personalized notebook â perfect for writing notes and New Year's Resolutions.
- Party supplies don't have to be expensive. Opt for cheap party supplies such as disposable plates, silverware, and glasses to make for easy and quick cleanup once the clock strikes midnight and the part comes to an end.
- Plan a couple of fun games as entertainment throughout the night. For example, print out small squares of paper that have fill-in-the-blank New Years' Resolutions on them such as "this year I want to be more like_________" or "this year I want to get better at______________". Then, if your guests want to, you can put all of the resolutions in a pile and take turns guessing whose resolution is whose.
- Everybody loves to dance, so be sure to have good music and ample space for your guests to get their groove on. Dancing is a great way to loosen up the atmosphere and to give your guests a fun night that they will remember.
- Toast in the New Year with a drink! Be sure to provide each of your guests with a glass and give yourself enough time to countdown to the New Year. Missing the moment that the clock strikes midnight is a surefire way to put a damper on a great party!