Start Your Morning Right to Make the Most of Your Day
Sometimes the mornings can be the hardest part of today. Some of us wake up tired or there maybe some other reason for lack of motivation. Here are some ways you can motivate yourself so that you can make the most of every day.
* Often the best way to get started in the morning is to plan the night before. But this is really only theory until you put it into practice. And you can do so by writing a goal at night before you go to bed to accomplish the next day. It doesn't have to be anything major; it doesn't have to be a lot of work. But putting into writing your goal for the next day moves you closer to getting it done and promotes a good intention to an action.
* Spend a few minutes outside in the fresh air. Not only does morning exercise help you healthwise, it can also reframe the beginning of your day. It's great to get out, walk the dog, think about the things you need to do and breathe in the fresh morning air.
* Don't skip breakfast! If you haven't given your body sustenance and nutrients after the long overnight fast, you might be setting yourself up to fail in other parts of your daily routine. Eat breakfast so that you don't have to deal with midmorning hunger as a distraction keeping you from what you need to do.
* It can be fun to assign a theme to your day and focus on that. For instance, I don't like to do laundry. But if I declare a "movie day" and spend the whole day watching movies while folding laundry, I'm getting some work done while at the same time I'm doing something I think is fun. Giving your days a theme every once in a while can add the kind of variety that spurs you want to get things done.
* Just like your body needs sustenance a.k.a. breakfast, you also should rehydrate yourself in the morning by drinking a big glass of water. Remember that you haven't been hydrating yourself while sleeping at night. In fact your body has been working at eliminating liquids.
* Make sure your body operates at its optimum level and get your water in first thing.
Depending on your personal beliefs, they can help you focus if you meditate or pray before you launch into your day's activities. This kind of inward reflection centers you so that for brief moments you are reminded of the big picture, what's most important. And ideally that will keep you from getting caught up in the small, insignificant details of everyday life that can bring you down.
When you start each day with a positive attitude, you will have better days. Use some or all of the suggestions above to guarantee a great start to the day.
Amazon Price: $15.00 $4.54 Buy Now
(price as of May 9, 2013)