There are huge potentials for blogs in the internet industry today. If you are a newbie and trying to decide on whether to commit to a blog or website, try a blog first.
You will be pleasantly surprised to find the potential benefits of having a blog. One done correctly provides you with huge rewards in the end, both personally and if done correctly financially. It can also prepare you for websites if that is your desired vocation.
There are a few tips that I hope will help make your blog a success and your experience more fun than work.
Write in a blogging style
- Use online copywriting best practices. You can hold your reader's interest more by using shorter sentences and more to the point writing when posting articles for blogs. If you were writing an article for print you would use a different tone and format. However, for online blogging, try to keep it short and sweet without taking anything away from your posting information. Use shorter paragraphs and surprise yourself at how much better your blog content will please your readers.
For many article writers this is a challenge. Article writers are not comfortable working in this sort of format, especially if you have written for years as a career with a much different tone. After a few times of posting to your blog, you will learn versatility in your style and format while still building excellence. You discover if readers are responding to your work and content by comments or suggestions left on your blog site.
Use guest posts
- Many bloggers have Guests Posting performed on their site. The guest posting draws your dedicated following of readers attention and the authors usually create fabulous work. They are writing in a different tone from your usual tone which gives readers something new, different and fresh to experience.
Keep it friendly and never formal or confrontational
- When crafting content try to have somewhat of a friendly tone. Don’t allow the posts and content to become formalized. You are communicating with a following and blogs are more informal than websites. Stay away from confrontations that have been known to come to several authors through comments posted on their work.
Find more readers
Invite friends you have elsewhere online to visit your blog. If you use a conversational invite and be suprised at the number of visitors you receive. If your subjects and content are remarkable they will invite others as well or share on social networking sites which opens up even more doors for getting a bigger audience.
Post on time
- Post on a schedule. If you post every 2 days, commit to that schedule. Your following of readers will also commit. They will expect to get more great stuff from you every other day of the week. Having a Google Blogger for working your posts makes it very simple to do. You can sit down and create several posts at a time and schedule when you would like them posted. For example, if you would like post 1 and 2 posted on January 21st at 8am and post 3 and 4 posted on January 23rd at 8am, you can put them all on the blog and schedule when you would like these presented for reading. Google Blogger will post 1 and 2 on the date and time indicated and 3 and 4 on the date and time you decide. This is wonderful if you would like to complete some or all of your writing on Saturday afternoon for the entire week.
Create more than one posts at a time
Sometimes it is better to write your post in one session of time. You have the mind frame in one setting and you have organization with everything you need where you may have time crunches in other situations that do not allow your blog postings a wonderful outcome. If you have vacation scheduled or other days out where writing cannot be done, you can still have postings done on a schedule your followers expect.
Series of subjects or multiple content linked together work out great created in one sitting. Although, this is not always possible for lots of writers. This will take hours of time and if you do not have it to commit, explore other options to get the same results.
Stay prompt and up to date
- Try to keep the latest and greatest information on your blog. Try to find something new and different from other blogs of the same or similar niche or same interests as your blog. Review what others are posting and try to craft something different but relevant to the same audience. This type of strategy draws in newbies for readers. These are more opportunities to increase the number of dedicated followers.
- Linking to other blogs is completely all right. Sometimes it is better than all right. If you have ad space on your blog advertise to sell it to the competition for advertising space. Link to other content that is relevant and gives your readers a better reading experience than they imagined. You can ask them to post your link on their blog and you will post their link on yours. You will get more views with back links. They may not become dedicated followers but you get more visitors. Visit Google Analytics to see how many stopped by. Besides, back links are part of Google Page Ranking and will decide where you fall.
More tricks of the trade
- To get visitors transformed to followers there are some things you must add to your blog. Have a sign place located someplace on the blog. This sign in part is where people can register or leave a comment to email to you before posting. If they do email you, send a personal reply to the comment or visitor. Get those visitors to become followers. Talk to them in a conversational tone and answer all questions presented to the best of your ability. Tons of questions from readers become subjects for future work. This helps in knowing what readers are searching for and providing it.
Writing lists are wonderful
- Readers absolutely love lists. The top five of this, the top seven of that, the most 20 of this. These are great postings people categorically enjoy. If you are following your blog with Google Analytics, take a look. You will find these work and proven to work in black and white. These are not something to post daily, but add a few from time to time. Get great ones to grab your readers focus and attention and hold it.
Many people think blogging is something you simply put out there once and leave it alone. Wrong! A great blog deserves attention, research and details. A brilliant, remarkable one will produce something of substance and work hard to produce more. There are more than a few rewards.