Here are some economical and interesting tips to bring back some of that youthful spark.
- For getting young-looking skin you must eat like an adult. Divide your plate between unrefined whole grains, lean proteins and antioxidant-filled fruits and vegetables. Make sure that a quarter of your day's calories come from the good unsaturated kinds abundant in olive and canola oil, avocado, flaxseed, nuts and fish.
- Protect your skin. To avoid the aging effects of sun damage, apply a light, moisturizing daily sunscreen with a minimum SPF 15.
- Use less hot water as this can strip your skin of a protective layer of oils and leave you high and dry. So turn down the heat on your steamy shower habit and instead take brief, cooler soaks. For beneficial steam, switch on a humidifier during those dry, cold nights of winter. Adding moisture to the air may give your skin that youthful, dewy look come morning. Also, even when you're not thirsty, your skin might be! Drink plenty of water to help to keep your skin looking plump without looking puffy.
- Exercise boosts blood circulation and saves your skin from the ravages of stress. Remember how good it felt as a kid when you'd run like the wind and zip around the playground. You'd come home flushed and sweaty, happy and blissfully exhausted. Rediscover the fun of getting physical. Get a buddy for your next booty-busting gym trip. Crank up a motivating workout playlist while you're on the treadmill, sing along and pump your fists. Let your inner wild thing out to play.
- To get good sleep is very important point for our healthy body. Bedtime stress, late dinners and midnight wake-ups can all interrupt the flow of a healthy night's sleep. And when you're deprived of a deep sleep, your skin will show it. Make sleep a non-negotiable part of your daily routine. Get your 6 to 8 hours per night and wake to clearer skin and less under-eye puffiness. For optimal beauty rest, sleep on your back with your head elevated to keep fluid from pooling around your eyes.
- Smile and laughing also make your face glow like a star. Grins and giggles make a line around your lips and eyes. A joyous, full-bellied laugh can lighten and lift your spirits, slashing stress hormones and giving your insides a soothing, relaxing massage. And an authentic, toothy smile can instantly brighten and lift your face. Do not shy about your smile. Try an easy at-home whitening product for a quick boost of bright.