We all want to be happy. But what exactly is happiness and how
and where can we find it? Is there a way to happiness? According to the
Wikipedia, Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment,
love, satisfaction, pleasure or joy.
I found this interesting Quote by Romona L Anderson on Happiness. According to her, 'People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.'
I totally agree to her viewpoint. Here are some Tips to be happy and stay happy always
- Accept things as they are: When we cease to strive for happiness and be contented with what we have we have found the key to happiness. Getting what we want doesn't make us happy, being happy with what we have does.
- Be grateful for what we have: There is this story where a guy complaining that is shoes have become old until he found a guy who had no feet to wear a shoe. There are so many who have lost their parents, home, livelihood etc.We all are lucky in so many things when there are so many who are suffering. In short, we need to count our blessings.
- Avoid clutter at Home and at Work: According to Feng shui the key for happiness is an organized home without clutter brings in positive energy and good vibrations.
- Avoid Negativity and negative feelings: Build a Positive attitude and Outlook. Spend time with happy and positive minded people.
- Live Today: It is better to live happily today than worry about what would happen in future. Why spoil today by thinking about tomorrow? Who knows if we live to see a tomorrow? Worrying is not a solution for anything but working towards our goal is.
- Find Happiness around you: All of us have likings which makes us happy. It can be anything like good food, moments with a loved one, good music etc. Indulge in these small pleasures which make you feel happy. Recall happy moments when down or depressed.
- Finally, make a firm decision to be happy today. Happiness is what is within us and we need to find this treasure. Material possessions do not last for long and can be stolen. But what is within us stay with us.