Thanksgiving Day is one of the most awaited holidays of the year. Love ones and friends from across the country celebrate this special event looking back at the past year for its blessings and life lessons. However, accidents may also happen during this holiday if people are not careful enough. The following are some of the most common accidents that happen during Thanksgiving:
- Fire accidents â These may cause burns, property damage or even death.
- Food poisoning â When food is not cooked properly, it may cause diseases to your family and friends.
- Pet injuries â If you let your dog or cat eat raw meat, they may also acquire certain diseases.
- Kitchen accidents â Accidents with knives is always a cause of injury.
Of course, there are always ways to prevent these kinds of accidents during special holidays like this. If they become negligent while preparing for Thanksgiving Day, accidents may happen, that may lead to injury and property damages. Just one mistake and you may not be able to call it a Thanksgiving Day at all.
Below are some safety tips in order to have an accident-free Thanksgiving for you, your family, and friends:
- When roasting the turkey, do not wear loose clothes.
- Never leave the stove unattended while you are cooking.
- Always have a fire extinguisher ready.
- Wash your hands before preparing and cooking food.
- Use a meat thermometer to determine if the turkey is already cooked.
- Leftovers can only be eaten three or four days after they were cooked.
- Keep your trash bins away from pets.
- Do not give turkey bones to your dogs.
- Never let your pets eat raw meat.
These are just some helpful tips for you to avoid accidents during or after your Thanksgiving party. Becoming busy for the event is already a given, but making sure no accidents will happen is another thing. If you can carry out both these tasks carefully, your Thanksgiving celebration will certainly be memorable.
But just in case an accident still happened and it was not your fault, then identify the possible cause. If a defective knife, oven, or stove was the cause of the accident, then you have the right to file a product liability claim against its manufacturer. Just make sure you have an Los Angeles personal injury attorney by your side to assure your victory. If you do win your case, that is another thing you can be thankful for on the next Thanksgiving Day.