Toddler ballet clothes are a fashion specialty. Not only are these specialty dancewear items fashionable, they are perfect for allowing freedom of movement during the playtime of very small children. Tiny dancewear is not only good for playtime, but works perfectly for pre-ballet class and other structured dance-play programs created for kids at the toddler stage.
Ballet schools, community colleges and local Y.M.C.A's are just a few of the organizations that offer toddler classes in dance.
Many fun day programs offer "Mommy and Me" exercise classes where a toddler has the perfect opportunity to wear a cute dance ensemble. The combination of music and body movement teaches even the very small child musicality and creativity. Mothers can also appreciate the fact that a dance class will burn off some toddler energy.
Toddler dance class is even more fun when there are special ballet clothes they get to wear during class. Many professional ballet dancers formed the love of dance as toddlers in tiny leotards, tights, and ballet slippers that they wore to pre-ballet class.
Types of Toddler Ballet Clothes for girls
- Leotards-Toddler leotards come with the fashion features of the "big girl" leotards. They come with long sleeves, short sleeves, and tank-style in multiple colors, fabrics, and patterns. Some are basic ballet colors like black and pink. Others are in "designer" patterns like leopard and zebra print.
- Leotards with attached tutu skirts-These adorable little dance dresses are what make toddler dance fashion so popular. The regular leotards have a little skirt attached to the body of the leotard making it look more like a classical ballet costume.
- Tights-Tights are some of the easiest apparel to find online or at most department stores.
- Ballet slippers-The most famous maker of tiny but professional looking ballet slippers is Capezio.
- Leg Warmers-Toddler-sized legwarmers are available in a huge variety of colors, textures, and patterns. Amazon.com has a great selection of super-cute legwarmers for toddler girls.
Toddler Ballet Clothes For Boys
Finding good dance clothes for boys this size online is a huge challenge. Some of the most popular dancewear manufacturers do carry ballet clothing for boys, but the sizes are too large to suit a toddler. Male ballet students typically wear a basic dance ensemble consisting of a snug-fitting white t-shirt, black spandex or cotton shorts, black pants, black leggings, and black leather ballet slippers.
One dancewear company that does offer R.A.D. training ballet clothes for boys age 3 is the Freed of London Company. Their website address is http://www.freedusa.com. That is the smallest size they offer. Toddler-sized boys can do fine in a regular white t-shirt and black shorts.
Discount Ballet Clothes for Toddlers Online
Because Toddler sizes are so tiny, ballet moms wonder if they should wait a little longer and get the bigger, easier to find sizes. Luckily, there are online shops that specifically carry the tiniest sizes for the littlest dancers.
Some of the following companies have ballet clothes for toddlers:
Sophia's Style-This website carries some really adorable toddler tutus for girls that any little dancer would love. [http://www.sophiasstyle.com]
Baby Ultimate-This website carries Danskin brand tights and leotards in sizes 2T through 4T. [http://www.babyultimate.com]
Tootsies Dancewear- Tootsies Dancewear carries smaller sizes in leotards by the Eurotard and Leo brand name. They also have adorable ballet slippers in pink and white. [http://www.tootsiesdancewear.com]
Capezio-Capezio has one of the largest selections of super-small ballet slipper sizes online. You can find Capezio's Teknik slipper in several color choices on this website, http://www.shoebuy.com/capezio-dance-0/7263/7263.
The companies listed here will give you a basic idea where to begin looking for toddler dance wear like tiny sizes in leotards, ballet slippers, and legwarmers for your little star.
Photo Credits: ines.cotarelo(Flikr:lecon de ballet) CC by 2.0 www.creativecommons.org