1. The Pierre Hotel New York has been recently renovated and is the epitome of five star luxury. Beautiful, modern, and pristine, the excellent service and gorgeous rooms come with quite a hefty price tag. This is definitely one of the best hotels in New York City.
2. The Strand is a newer boutique hotel with a great rooftop bar with amazing views. The ample free breakfast and 24 hour gym together with great prices for a more than adequate clean and comfortable room makes the Strand a good choice in New York City.
3. The Chelsea Hotel is an icon in the city. It is not luxury, but it has character. Every room is different most are large enough and a bargain for the price. One should never be surprised to see an artist, author, musician or other creative celeb at the Chelsea. A little bit Bohemian, a whole lot of fun and funk, this is just a cool place to stay.
4. The Library Hotel is a concept luxury boutique hotel with an attentive staff. Each floor of the hotel is named for a Dewey Decimal System category. Each room is creatively decorated and holds a collection of books that fits with the room’s theme. A European breakfast, daily snacks, and a wine and hors d’oeuvers reception in the evenings are added special touches.
5. Affinia Manhattan offers great suites in sizes that can accommodate a family. They are especially good with larger families. Close to Madison Square garden for events and easy to get to and from, this hotel with its affordable t=for the city pricing is one of the best hotels in New York for families.
6. Casablanca Hotel offers a lovely roof deck perfect for an evening cocktail. In the theater district and very affordable, the extras at this hotel are quite attractive, free internet service, a complimentary breakfast, and bottled water. Reasonably priced, clean and attractive, this hotel is a good one to look for an internet bargain or a coupon to help with even more savings.
7. Sofitel New York offers Old World elegance at affordable prices. Lovely and crisply clean, this hotel often has weekend bargains that can be found on the internet.
8. Hotel 414 is actually two townhouses that share a courtyard and garden between them. Rooms with private baths, WIFI, flat screen televisions, and iPod docking stations are roomy and quite lovely. Room rates are very good for this special city location and a free continental breakfast is an added bonus.
9. The Hotel Newton is an Uptown hotel that is more modestly priced than most of those in the area. To save even more one could opt for a shared bath. Guest rooms are well-equipped and internet service is reasonably priced. This hotel offers visitors a great place to stay in an area known for pricy and luxurious accommodations.
10. East Village Bed and Coffee is a funky little place. All eleven rooms are private with shared baths. There is a communal atmosphere, a shared kitchen with coffee and tea. There are even bikes available and computer printers to use for printing those vouchers and deals that can be found on the computers that are there for all to use.
The best hotels in New York City are not always luxury ones, some are bargains, some have a special flair, others cater to a special interest, and all of them can be had at a bargain using the internet to seek out coupons and deals.