Interesting 10 Facts about the Brain
Did you know that your brain has no pain? This is do to the fact that your brain doesn't have nerves to register pain within itself. It is obvious that there is no need to describe how important your brain is to your survival, however what's not so clear is the many interesting facts there are about the brain. I have put together a list of the most fascinating facts that are associated with the brain.
Fun Brain Facts
1. Every minute about 750ml of blood pumps through your brain.
2. Your brain makes up about 2% of your body weight.
3. A human brain is about 75% water.
4. A human brain is made up of 100 billion neurons.
5. A human brain weighs about 1350g.
6. Your brain stops growing at 18 years old.
7. The brain is pink because of the blood that flows through it.
8. The brain has 2 sides. The left side controls the right side of your body, while the right side controls the left side of your body.
9. A newborn baby's brain grows about 3 times in their first year.
10. While you are awake your brain generates about 25 watts of power.