Visiting Kansas City can be a real adventure as there is so much to see and so many fun places to eat in Kansas City. Staying at one of several kid friendly hotels in Kansas City one can often find information from the concierge or front desk about great places to go and have a good time. One can find vouchers or internet deals for family fun places to go and great fun places to go for kids and also for fabulous, fun restaurants at great discounts. Some of the most fun places to eat in Kansas City include:Credit: http://k2restaurants.typepad.com/trex/2011/05/welcome-to-t-rex-killer-barbecue-a-whole-lot-more-.html
1. T-Rex is full of animatronic dinosaurs, huge aquariums, has a volcano area, a place to pan for gems, and by the way they sell food, too. This is one of the most fun places to eat in Kansas City.Credit: http://samicone.com/tag/kansas-city/
2. Firtz’s Railroad Restaurant is a ton of fun for the train enthusiast. Kids receive paper engineer hats and their food is delivered by an electric train after using a phone located in your booth to place your order.Credit: http://powerplaykc.com/birthdayparties.php
3. Power Play family Entertainment Center is a great place to play games and just have a great time, but don’t forget to look for those vouchers and internet deals before you go. Dinner is a yummy buffet complete with pizza, a salad bar, and more.Credit: http://www.kansastravel.org/overlandpark/
4. D’Bronx is the place to go for good pizza, and good pizza is always good fun. Writing on the tables and the walls is common and the New York style pizza is often called the best in the area.Credit: http://www.kcinsider.com/eat/
5. Winstead’s is an art deco style building with neon signs and is reminiscent of its history from the 1940s and 1950s. It is a fun place with great burgers, shakes, fries and onion rings. Fountain drinks and car hop type food and good fun are the trademark of this restaurant.Credit: http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/after-staying-away-from-tassos-too-long-a-critic-finds-his-way-baklava/Content?oid=2197787
6. Tasso’s Greek Restaurant is one of the most fun places to eat in Kansas City. Music, dancing, breaking plates, all with great food and a wonderful atmosphere makes this a good time for all.Credit: http://nadirika.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html
7. Ghengis Khan Mongolian Grill is a lot of fun because you get to pick your ingredients and the sauces you want and create a stir-fry that is uniquely your own. The best part is watching the talented chefs cook the food up right before your eyes. With this and other buffet type items available no one will leave hungry. Be sure to check for great deals for even more of a bargain for this delicious restaurant.Credit: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/06/burger-mobile-from-the-westport-flea-market-bar-and-grill-in-kansas-city.html
8. Westport Flea Market is a great place to grab a burger, be entertained by the chef as he yodels, whistles or sings while cooking. Live music, drinks for mom and dad, lots of loud and boisterous fun for all can be had at this local favorite.Credit: http://www.foodspotting.com/guides/3389-vegetarian-in-kansas-city
9. Korma Sutra is a kid friendly restaurant serving Indian fare. It is great for those that have never tried Indian food before and offers a good luncheon buffet that is fun for sampling.Credit: http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2568
10. Fritz’s Chili is like stepping back in time to some 40 or so years ago. The ground beef with or without beans is lightly seasoned for you, after that whatever you add is up to you, make your own chili concoctions, what fun!
Most of these restaurants have some form of discount or special available from time to time, using a coupon or a voucher to save while visiting the most fun places to eat in Kansas City will certainly make for some great family meals.