For all of you that can't rack your brains around thus, Yes, the word "Healthy" and "Dessert" can be used in the same sentence. There are many types of healthy desserts that are available, however most of them take time to make and actually don't taste that great. I have put together a list below of desserts that are very simple to make and taste fantastic. For those of us who are not willing to take desserts out of their diets, then this list is for you.
Healthy and Tasty Desserts
1. Make your own Ice Cream Sansdwiches by using graham crackers and non-fat or reduced fat
2. Fruit and yogurt Medley- Customize this dessert by using your favourite low fat yogurt combined with your favourite fresh fruits.
3. Grapefruit with honey drizzled on top- Cut the grapefruit into slices and then drizzle honey on each slice before serving.
4. Dessert Pizza- Use whole wheat flour and seeds such as seasame or flax to make the crust. Add your favourite fruits for your toppings.
5. Pineapple with slices of coconut- Place slices of pineapple on a plate and spread shavings of coconut on each slice.
6. Meringues- This dessert is fat free, low in calories and tastes great. A couple of pieces of this
will definitley not hurt you.
7. Fruit and Nut Bowls- Mix your favourite fruits and nuts and a bowl.
8. Creamed Banana's- Cream banana's using a mixer or spatulat and add your favourite fruits. Put a touch of lemon juice and serve with low fat whipped cream on top.
9. Oatmeal Crisp Snacks- This desser involves a bit more work then the others, but it is well worth it. Mix 2 cups of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of brown suger, 1/2 teaspoon vanillat extract and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Spread onto baking sheet and drizzle with cinnamon. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and cook until it is crisp. This tastes great with slices of fresh fruit on the side.
10. Chocolate Pudding- Make your own homemade pudding with low or non fat milk.