Dreaming is something that takes place in all of our lives, but most of the time we tend to forget that we even do it. It is a known fact that everybody dreams. Just because you do not remember your dream does not mean that you do not dream. I have put together a list of the top 10 cool facts about dreaming that you may not know.
1. One-third of your lives is spent sleeping- This is one of the most common known facts about dreams but if you actually take a moment to think about it,it is pretty amazing.
2. In an average lifetime, you would have spent a total of about six years of it dreaming.
3. Blind people do dream- Images will differ depending on whether a person is blind at birth or became blind later in life. But such senses as sounds and smells can also be a cause for a dream.
4. Half the content in a dream is forgotten after 5 minutes and 90% is forgotten after 10 minutes.
5. Men tend to dream more about other men, while women dream equally about men and women.
6. Studies indicate that our brain waves are more active when we are dreaming than when we are awake.
7. People that are awakened from REM sleep, tend to remeber their dreams more so then those that sleep through this type of sleep.
8. People who are trying to give up smoking have longer and more intense dreams.
9. Children under the age of 3 do not dream about themselves. They do not appear in their own dreams until after they are 3 or 4.
10. A person that is snoring cannot be dreaming.
Don't let the bed bugs bite!