When planning a wedding the most common complaints made by a husband and bride to be is how time consuming and how expensive it can be. I have put together a list of 10 simple ways to help save you money on your wedding and have fun while doing so.
1. To help save money on the alcohol bill, ask your caterers to walk around and offer your guests their choice of wine. Even though leaving open bottles of wine on every table can save time it often results in a lot of the wine being wasted. Or you could have your wine served in carafes at each table. This way you can buy much larger bottles which are less expensive than the bottles you would place on the table.
2. When picking your wedding party's outfits stick to one shop. Most bridal or tuxedo shops will give you discounts if you dress your entire party at one place. This will not only save you money but it will also save you the trouble and time when shopping around.
3. It is actually cheaper to hire two limos instead of one. Limo's can get really expensive when you hire one limo to drive you to the ceremony and wait around to pick you up. Instead hire one limo to drive you to the ceremony and hire another limo to pick you up.
4. Why not make some of your wedding decorations yourself. You will not only be amazed at how much money you will save, but it may surprise you at how much fun this could be. Set aside a couple of days to get together with close friends and family to make these decorations.
5. Use candy as part of the wedding favors. This is a great treat for your guests and when you buy the candy in bulk you will save tons of money.
6. Consider using silk flower arrangements in areas that are far away and make sure to ask your florist about rentals. Silk is getting better in quality, and is very hard to tell the difference between what flowers are real and which are fake.
7. Pick a location for your ceremony/reception that is already beautiful. This will save you time and money on decorations to beautify your wedding.
8. Keep your guest list to close friends and close relatives. Make sure to indicate in your invivations that your list is limited to the names on the invitations.
9. Why not make your own invitations. This allows you to customize your own invitations and incorporate any theme or colors that your wedding may have. It is also lots of fun and will save you a ton of money. Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to have a second person go over the wording, dates, times and addresses on the invitations.
10. Try cutting down on your cake size. You don't have to get rid of the cake entirly just reduce the size of it. Buy a small, beautifully decorated cake for the photos, and serve guests pieces of a plain sheet cake.