Top 15 interesting facts about Christmas
Christmas comes and goes every year, but there are many interesting facts about Christmas that we may never take the time to learn about during the holiday season. For instance did you know that 34-36 million trees are produced each year to keep up with the demands of Christmas. Many of us have lived to celebrate many Christmas Holiday's and therefore believe that they alreday know everything there is to know about Christmas. I suggest reading the following list of fun Christmas facts to test your knowledge about one of the most loved holidays in the world, CHRISTMAS!
1. The Christmas tree was first introduced by Queen Victoria in 1846.
2. The word Christmas is Old English and comes from the terms Christ's Mass.
3. Franklin Pierce is the first president to decorate the white house Christmas tree.
4. Electric lights Christmas trees were first used in 1895.
5. The movie "It's a Wonderful Life" appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie.
6. The most famous Christmas ballet is "The Nutcracker".
7. The song "Jingle Bells" was first written for Thanksgiving but become popular around Christmas time.
8. You would receive a total of 364 presents if you were to receive every gift listed on the "The Twelve Days of Christmas" song.
9. Do not eat a Holly berry, they are poisonous.
10. Alabama was the first state to recognize the Christmas holiday.
11. It wasn't until 1870 that Christmas became a national holiday in America.
12. Candy canes were originally white straight sticks of sugar used to decorate a tree.
13. Many of the needless, pine nuts and pine cones found on Christmas trees are actually edible.
14. In the United States alone, Visa cards are used an average of 5,500 a minute during the holiday season.
15. Each year over 3 billion Christmas cards are sent out in the United States.