Teenage Bucket List
Life goes by fast. One minute you're just entering high school, the next thing you know you're graduating and out into the big wide world. There just never seems to be enough time to accomplish everything you want, or plan to do. Although you may be wishing the days away now, soon enough they'll be gone, and you'll be looking back saying "What did I do?"
Don't waste the time you have now. The teenage years may be hellish, but they can also be the time of your life...if you let them.
So without further ado, here are the top 20 things to do before you're 20.
- Find out who your friends are. Don't waste your time trying to impress the people who don't really care. Fashion crazes and popularity comes and goes. But true friends stay.
- Learn to cook. Or at least make some damn good sandwiches. Life will be a lot easier (and cheaper) with that know how.
- Get a job. You'll need the work experience. Even if it's just a few nights a week at a fast food joint, it shows initiative to future employers (and gives you some spending money!)
- Stay out all night.
- Listen to your parents. I'm not saying agree with them 24/7, but sometimes they have valid points and knowledge that you can actually use.
- Consider your future. You may go to college, you may noCredit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoann/3671625998/t. You may travel the world, or settle down. The point is, it's up to you. Don't let anyone else dictate what you do with your life. Listen to their opinions, but in the end its up to you.
- Have a bonfire.
- Change your email address. At least if it's the same one you've had since you were 12. Choose something generic and professional you can use for resumes and college applications.
- Start a bucket list. Edit it every year...for the rest of your life.
- Find your passion (or 2 or 3). Something that takes you out of your mind and just makes you happy.
- Learn to say no. Say no to pushy boys, to overdemanding friends to whatever you don't want to do. No is a valuable thing only you can teach yourself.
- Learn another language. Yes it does actually come in handy. Unlike that stupid calculus.
- Take a road trip. Or a camping trip with friends. In fact, take several.
- Be yourself. Cheesy but true. When you accept yourself as a unique individual, great things happen.
- Go skinny dipping. Because you'll feel rebellious and wild and free. Just don't get caught.
- Thank your teachers. Well....the good ones anyway. Chances are you had at least one that influenced you for the better. Hopefully.
- Forget about chasing love. Love doesn't run honey. If it's meant to hCredit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/riot_/192144697/appen, it will come to you.
- Eat like you mean it. Your metabolism is the best it will ever be. Take advantage
- Have an epic kiss. One that leaves you breathless and tingling from head to toe.
- Leave the country. You'll be terrified. You'll be thrilled. You'll never be the same.