There is no denying that Las Vegas is one of the hottest attractions in the world. The weather is hot for most of the year, the night life is amazing, and the architecture is phenomenal. It is definitely a place that you need to visit every couple of years. I have made a list of fun facts about Vegas that I believe everyone that reads it will enjoy.
20 Interesting Las Vegas Facts
1. There are approximately 500,000 residents that live in the city of Las Vegas.
2. The first casino was licensed in 1931.
3. The state makes about 9 billion dollars in gambling revenue each year.
4. Elvis Presley performed in 837 consecutive sold out shows in Vegas.
5. There are almost 200,000 slot machines in Vegas.
6. About 36 million people visit Las Vegas each year.
7. On average each visitor spends about 4 hours gambling each day.
8. The Flamingo Hotel was named after Bugsy Siegel's girlfriend's long legs.
9. The average gambling budget is about $560 per trip.
10. About 60,000 people move to Vegas each year.
11. It costs approximately $630 to rent an apartment in Vegas.
12. An acre of land on the strip costs about 30 million dollars.
13. There are over 124,000 hotel rooms in Vegas.
14. The average price of a room in Vegas is $66 dollars.
15. On average there are about 3750 conventions held in Vegas each year.
16. There are approximately 315 weddings per day in Vegas.
17. It costs $35 dollars for a Nevada marriage license.
18. On average it costs $450 to file for divorce in Nevada.
19. The first time that Paul Anka played in Vegas, he was too young to be allowed in the casino.
20. Out of the 20 largest hotels in the U.S., 17 of them are in Las Vegas.
Viva Las Vegas!