Welcome to colorful Colorado. I bet you can already taste that fresh mountain air. Whether you're here on business (please ignore that giant bear trying to get into the Convention Center. He's friendly like Smokey and won't try to eat you) or you've been here awhile, look no further for an insider's guide to cool (and mostly free) activities to do in/around Denver.
5) Visit Coors Brewery
- Free Beer!! Did you catch that? I said Free Beer!! Spend a few hours touring the Coors brewery, learn its rich and bubbly
history. Fresh Mountain water makes all the difference! Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Make sure to bring your ID if you want Free Beer (21 and up for the beer).
- Hours can vary seasonally, but are typically Mon â Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday Noon to 4pm. Call 303-277-BEER to verify. Point that GPS to 13th and Ford, Golden CO 80401 to start the tour.
4) Art District on Santa Fe - First Friday Art Walk
- Looking for a way to kick off your weekend with some inspiration? Every first Friday of the month over 60 galleries, artist studios and restaurants get together to celebrate Denver Art. Free shuttles are available to help make your journey through the Art District. Inspiration is contagious, become inspired with the best of Denver Art. All for free!
- Shuttles start at the 10th Avenue and Osage Street light rail station and run from 6pm to 9pm every first friday of the month.
3) LODOs rooftop
- I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If it's summer time and you're looking to spend a lazy afternoon watching baseball. LODO's restaurant has one of the best rooftops and beer specials in Denver. Right across from Coors field you can hear the crowd roar (Go Rockies!) before the television signal picks up the transmission. If you can't make it to the game, LODOs rooftop is the next best thing.
- Point that GPS to 1946 Market Street, Denver CO 80202 for a fantastic view of lower downtown and great food!
2) Free Days at the Denver Art Museum (The DAM)
- That's right Free. Thanks to a sponsorship with Target, the First Saturday of every month is free admission to the Denver Art Museum. Where else can you go and see a room full of old chairs! Or a bunch of red fox sculptures in an all red dining room! This excludes special exhibits like King Tut, however, there are still plenty of cool and strange things to look at for free.
- The DAM is open 10am â 5pm Saturday. Point that GPS to 100 W 14th Ave Parkway, Denver CO 80204.
1) 16th Street Mall
- This wouldn't be a complete article about Denver if I failed to mention 16th street mall. In the heart of Denver, enjoy a walk up and down this 1.25 mile stretch of shops and restaurants. Don't feel like walking, hop on RTD's free mall ride (hours it runs are 5am to 1:35am weekdays, 5:30am to 1:35am weekends) that travels up and down the mall.
- Take a walk through Nike town, grab some frozen yogurt at PinkBerry or just enjoy the various street performers. A great way to take in Denver's best shops for an afternoon or evening.
Whether you're visiting Denver, or just looking for something fun to do in the city always these are great places to start. Indulge in the culture, tastes and sounds of Denver. Don't be afraid to explore all this city has to offer to create your own "Top Things to Do in Denver" List!
Enjoy Denver. Breathe in that mountain air and relax!