Blogging can be a lot of fun but that might be the only thing it is if you don’t put some effort into it. There are many professional bloggers that will tell you that if you want to make money in the near future, blogging is not where you want to be. Making money from blogging takes time and effort and sometimes, a little bit of creative thinking.
The thing is that if you are doing the same thing that every other blogger is doing, there is not much of a reason for people to come back to your blog. People are always looking for new and interesting. People are looking for value. Can you provide them with something you’ve never seen before and something that will be of value to them?
Here are some ideas of things you can do to make money with your blog:
- Product reviews. People are always looking for reviews of products that they are interested in buying. They want to know the truth – what did you like? What didn’t you like? Why should they buy this product instead of other products? Amazon is a great place to refer people to when you do product reviews because it is trusted. People know Amazon and they know that they will deliver on time. Choose products you have actually used and be honest. Tell them how you used the products and what the results were.
- Recommend local businesses. If you live in a city you could develop a partnership with local businesses. How about car sales? If you can develop a partnership with a local car salesperson they could give you a percentage of the sales for every person that you refer to them. You would need to have a printed form that individuals could print out and give to the sales person.
- Offer your own guide. Depending on what your blog is about you could offer your readers an ebook guide on a variety of topics. Make it something that has real value though and try to choose something that isn’t already offered all over the Internet. Make more of these guides and you could soon have a profitable business model. If they are affordable and have some good content then people will buy them.
- Create your own product. There are many things that people will buy online besides ebooks. Perhaps you have an invention of your own that people will buy or you might have something you make better than anyone else. Once you have made the product you can promote it on your website and you can sell it on ebay or Etsy, too.
- Offer consulting services. When people are first learning to do something they can use the services of consultants to help them do things better. They might be painting their first wall or planting a garden. If they don’t have anyone else to ask all those silly questions of they can ask you for a small fee.
Think about your skills and what you like to do. Chances are, you can find a way to offer value and get paid for it on your blog.
Just remember that value is everything. If you have value, people will buy from you. If you are offering the same thing everyone else has to offer, they might buy from someone else.