Maybe this far in the college search you are aware that many of the top Christian colleges out there are pretty good. In fact, you may even be aware that many of them are ranked in their state, in their region, or even nationally because of their academic excellence. However, you also might want to know more than this. You could want to know where some of the better colleges are ranked and who they are.
Even when they have not been ranked high on an impressive college guide, there are many Christian colleges and universities out there that have pretty prestigious academic records. Still, though, most everyone out there likes to be a winner and colleges are no different. It is an honor to be listed as the best in a college guide and many of the top Christian colleges can claim this distinction.
The following are some schools that have been recently ranked on the US News and World Report’s college guide as a best school in their region and where exactly they were ranked (when that information is available):
- Hope International University is located in Fullerton, California. It was ranked as one of the best schools in the West by US News and World Report at number 25.
- Colorado Christian University is located in Lakewood, Colorado. It was ranked as one of the best schools in the West by US News and World Report, though the position is unpublished.
- Southern Wesleyan University is located in Central, South Carolina. It was ranked by US News as one of the best schools in the South. Its rank is also unavailable.
- Roberts Wesleyan College is a school in Rochester, New York. It was ranked by US News and World Report as one of the best schools in the North. It was ranked at number 60.
- North Central University, a school in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was ranked by US News as one of the best schools in the Midwest.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University is located in Mount Vernon, Ohio. It has been ranked by US News as one of the best schools in the Midwest at spot number 88.
- Lipscomb University is located in Nashville, Tennessee. It was ranked as one of the best schools in the South on US News’s report. It was ranked as number 19.
- University of the Southwest, in Hobbs, New Mexico, made the list of best schools in the West. It is listed as number 13.
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, a school in Belton, Texas, made the best of the West list at number 48.
- Missouri Baptist College, in St. Louis, Missouri, is a school that has been ranked as one of the best in the Midwest by US News. It rank is not published.
The following are some schools that have been recently ranked on US News and World Report’s or Forbes’s college guide nationally and where exactly they were ranked (whenever that information is available):
- Gordon College, located in Wenham, Massachusetts, was ranked at 160 by Forbes and at 144 on US News’s Best Liberal Arts Schools in the nation.
- Goshen College is located in Goshen, Indiana. It has been ranked at position 268 by Forbes and by US News and World Report at position 139.
- Trevecca Nazarene University is a school that is located in Nashville, Tennessee. It was ranked by US News as one of the best schools in the nation, but its rank is not published.
- Judson College in Marion, Alabama also made the list of one of the best schools in the nation. Its rank was not published.
- Wheaton College, in Wheaton, Illinois, is number 59 on Forbes most recent list and number 57 by US News.
- Azusa Pacific University, in Azusa, California, was most recently ranked at number 428 by Forbes and at number 170 by US News.
- George Fox University, in Newberg, Oregon, is ranked 134 by Forbes.
- Pepperdine University, in Malibu, California, has been ranked at position 142 by Forbes and at 55 by US News.
- Trinity International University, in Deerfield, Illinois was ranked 435 by Forbes.
- Westmont College, in Santa Barbara, California, is listed as number 81 by Forbes. It is ranked number 90 by US News as one of the best liberal arts school in the nation.
It should be noted that US News and World Report ranks colleges as Tier 1 or Tier 2, so a college that is listed high on the US News College Guide might actually be lower than a school that is listed lower, if the first is a Tier 2 and the latter is a Tier 1.
This is just a small sampling of the great Christian education that it is possible to receive if that is what you want. The easiest way to learn more about the academic credentials of these schools is to look at college guides, school websites (which often list facts such as the percentage of students who are now in graduate school or are employed), and to ask current and former students about their experience at the school.
When a student says that they are going to a top Christian college, they often do not need that qualifier. They could just as easily say that they are going to a top college period. Many of the best schools out there are more than just tough in academics. They also claim to be grounded in Christian principles. If you, or your child if you are the parent of a potential college student, want to get a good education while developing a stronger faith, then there are many schools out there that will help you reach this goal.